Pre Match | Atalanta Bergamo vs. Liverpool | CL Matchday 3 | Tuesday November 3rd 20:00h | Gewiss Arena

Williams and Gomez CB, usual FBs
Hendo, Gini and Thiago midfield
Salah, Mane and Jota up front

No messing about, no starting Origi, 60 minutes make some changes. City is on Sunday so time enough to be ready.
This isnt a League Cup match. Do it properly.

3 Likes

Hmmmm…so it has come down to this

5 Likes

I dont think Thiago will play and I think the plan is for him to be fit for City and start that instead.

1 Like

Atalanta team news are out for now (we’ll see if it changes when Gasperini has his presser), they only have 2 players missing; Caldara and de Roon.

Naby and Joel back in full training. Thiago not.

1 Like

Richarlison really did him properly.

1 Like

Don’t expect him back until after that horrible international break. Perhaps Becker can give big nose some while training with the Brazilian squad.

Why are we playing two Tuesdays in a row in the CL?

We should have 11 subs (though with 2 goalkeepers) out of 12 possible from the players who are fit/available/registered/likely to travel.

Don’t believe the hype.

The Serie A is a lower standard than the Danish Superliga and Atalanta would struggle to finish in the top half of the Championship.

Pursuant to the above, predicting a squeaky-bum 1-2 win.

1 Like

Gasperini just confirmed that Gosens is also out.

Matip, Keita and Kostas in training

4 Likes

Koumetio also training, but I think he’s not in the CL squad, like Phillips.

Would be fantastic if Matip could play both tomorrow and at the weekend. We have the break after that and he’ll stay home. Maybe we did give him extra rest so he could possibly do it. We have enough time until Sunday late afternoon. But yeah… give us the weekend. Anything more than that is a great bonus.

Atalanta’s big man Duván Zapata could be a handful, Tall, strong and can score a goal. Don’t think they have the best goalkeeper in the world though.

No, we do :wink:

5 Likes

:joy:

Bobby. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Klopp thinking about Matip

2 Likes

I’ve been told that Matip and Keita were both on the plane today. I’m just not sure where they’re going!!

1 Like
5 Likes
1 Like

With an empty seat on the plane for when we bringing the 3points back…