Pre Match: Brentford v. Liverpool, 1730 UTC, Monday 02 January 2023 (Premier League)

Nothing official then.

I’m sure Klopp said Firmino was going be back in training and ready.

1 Like

Not arsed with Brentford injury whispers, or which team Jurgen picks.
Whatever team he picks is good enough to win.
Time will tell if they do.

Just looking to see who’s going to be scoring for us tomorrow

1 Like

Jurgen Klopp on Cody Gakpo’s work permit:

“If I worked for the decisive agencies, I would be awake early at 6:30am in the morning to sign these papers. I am not sure that will happen. He can’t train with the team until these papers are signed.”

1 Like

My team for this :
Allison
Trent Konate Vvd Robbo
Millie Fab Keita
Mo Nunez Ox
Subs : Ramsey, Matip, Gomez, Tsimikas, Bobby, Kelleher, Thiago, Hendo, Elliott
Should be good enough to handle them, Toney or no Toney

That doesn’t stop him from running around kicking a ball on a field which Nunez, Salah, Thiago and Hendo just happen to join while the LFC staff are looking the other way.

An added incentive is moving up to 5th if we win after Spurs lost and putting pressure on the manures.

Not sure we need any added incentives. Every point from here on in is vital.

1 Like

anyone reckon theres something going on with Jones or have i missed an injury? he hasnt been invloved for a while. If fit you would think he wouldve featured in last 2 gmaes.

Yes. He’s not very good.

You have missed an injury.

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

2 Likes

Liverpool set for triple injury boost as Jurgen Klopp delivers promising news : Liverpool set for triple injury boost as Jurgen Klopp delivers promising news - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

He Says that Curtis is in full training “maybe for the squad, we have to see.”

3 Likes

We’ll see who can go again, impossible to know everything when the schedule is so tight and we only see it from the outside.

If Konate is good to go (as in enough rest and training since returning), I wouldn’t wait for the Wolves game to bring him back in, but do it now.

I didn’t like Hendo’s performance in the single pivot role against Leicester, so Fabinho most probably comes back in.

The rest is known what we’ll probably do, but then there’s the question on the left with Ox (who I think did okay, but certainly not more and it’s clear that he gasses out).

Jones might be back in the squad, but probably too soon for him to start. He could also do a job in the left half space, allow us to shift the structure to 4-4-2 if needed. We’ll see if Bobby can be involved tonight.

Another option might be to start Keita on the left of a more narrow midfield ‘4’, allowing us to push Salah more alongside Nunez, try and hurt Brentford in those areas between their CB’s and wing backs.

Hoping for a less hectic game than last season at this ground when we allowed them too much to play a game which suited them.

Please, more control, better defending, more compact, more efficiency.

3 Likes

Face Palm GIF by New Hope Club

He’s no Daley Blind that’s for sure.

3 Likes

In honor of our @PeachesEnRegalia, please allow me to fill in:

Smash them. They’re shit.

6 Likes

As Peaches said, it wasn’t really working, seems it was a one season wonder :joy:
Maybe it needs a twist, like “mash them. They’re potatos” or something, or a new mantra altogether to make it this season…

1 Like

Brentford away has a 1-0 loss written all over it… or a comfortable 3-0 win where we “turn a corner”. Hope it’s the latter.

One season?

3 Likes

You’re in good company

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes