Pre Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v. Liverpool, 1230 UTC, Saturday 12 March 2022 (Premier League)

No time to mope around over the last match. 3 points and no injuries and we keep soldiering on.

4 Likes

0-3!

2 Likes

I’d start the midfield three that ended tonight, I’d consider Konate if fit and play Matip against Arsenal. Maybe consider Tsimkas and deffo start Luis Diaz.

The rest as you expect probably Mane and Salah however Firmino is now an option as well.

Ali
Trent Ibou Virg Kostas
Hendo Fab Thiago
Mo Sadio Lucho

Every game is a must win game from now on.

1 Like

Alisson
Trent Konate VvD Tsimikas
Keita Henderson Thiago
Salah Jota Díaz

Interesting that Elliot looked a mainstay at the start of the he season, was put straight back in after injury, and now isn’t making the cut?

Always the plan to give him a taste and then sit him?

Protecting him after that injury?

1 Like

I didn’t realise that this was an early kick-off. Just get the bastard won and 3 points in the bag.

3 Likes

It reminds me about how Robertson was treated early in his career with us: played some early games for us, did well, before missing out almost half a season. Then, he became a mainstay for us.

Elliot’s case isn’t exactly the same of course, but Klopp takes obviously much interest in the personal situation of each one of his players. If he doesn’t play Elliot right now, it’s surely because he thinks that it is better that way for his development in the long run.

2 Likes

We’ll probably see a lot of changes in the line-up compared to the Inter game, in order to maintain as much as possible high-octane energy on the pitch. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Firmino come back into the starting team for this one.

1 Like

Hasn’t the same almost pretty much been happening with Jones? Starts a game or two, then disappears from the squad for a bit.

Elliot hasn’t played well in his last few games, he was anonymous against Inter and Chelsea (good pen aside). Norwich in the cup he was really bright going forward but lacking defensively. Although he works hard, he has a lot of work to do to get up to scratch off the ball. Elliot did get a look in at the start of the season but it’s also important to remember that Fabinho, Thiago, Jones and Henderson weren’t fully fit/ready at the start of the season. Elliot was, he done well and kept his place for a couple of games but it’s highly doubtful it would have carried on like that.

He’s 18, it was always going to be like this for him. Some talked themselves into thinking he’d be starting every week over Henderson, Keita etc but it was never going to happen like that.

12 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

HT 0-0.

The match thread goes into meltdown, and demands players X, Y and Z to be immediately withdrawn and shot at dawn.

A couple of subs are made at 60 mins, but X, Y and Z inexplicably remain on the pitch.

Brighton tire, and in the last 20 mins, X and Y each score, assisted by Z.

Aforementioned forumite goes down to his local to moan to his Scunthorpe supporting mate that we need wholesale clearances, and FSG should get out their wallets or sell to a dubious Panama entity promising to buy Mbappe.

8 Likes

Smash them. They’re shit.

11 Likes

Love an early kick off, means I can watch at work. Should be a routine win this one however Brighton can play some pretty good football. Will need the A team and a good performance. Hi Mo, sure you’ll do very nicely. Looking forward to a good run from Diaz too, that guy makes me smile like a kid in a sweetshop.

1 Like

Brighton are a bit of hot and cold this season, we must make sure they are cold on Saturday, regarding Elliott we got to remember he is 18 years old and not long back from serious injury.

3 Likes

I read sweatshop, and I thought it was a bit extreme even for you…

2 Likes

Fell asleep a few times yesterday and we lost.

Won’t be able to watch this one so we know already what will happen. :confused:

1 Like

We’ll win.

2 Likes

You’ll stay awake?

6 Likes