Pre Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v. Liverpool, 1230 UTC, Saturday 12 March 2022 (Premier League)

To be fair the reason we lost yesterday is that I bet on the snooker and the final frame wouldn’t finish and by the time it did Inter had scored, ten seconds after it did Sanchez got sent off so it’s obvious it was that.

I will avoid betting on snooker on any day we play from now on.

7 Likes

Taking one for the team. I like it.

5 Likes

Get off my match thread!!!

1 Like

It’s rather profitable as well to be fair

1 Like

Dilemma. I have to go watch my son in a concert on Saturday, which means I will miss the last 15mins of the match.

a) Watch in the hope we’re comfortably three up by the time I have to leave?

b) Watch the whole match later?

1 Like

A. Watch last 15 minutes on phone. :+1:

2 Likes

After what happened to me I would go with option A.

I couldn’t watch our Inter game so decided I would watch after it was completed:

1. Turn on BT Sports and find the LFC-Inter match
  2. Press ‘watch from start’
  3. Proceed to watch Rio talking in the studio live after FT with the scores highlighted very visibly on the screen
  4. Fuck BT sports and their shithouse app
5 Likes

Nothing goes over watching football live. :blush:

1 Like

Ask your Son to play you the first fifteen (or twenty* to be on the safe side) minutes of his concert and then join the audience after the game.

*Best make it twenty five to allow for added time. :wink:

Joking aside, go to the concert. Family ALWAYS come first. There are numerous ways of watching games after they’ve finished. What instrument does you lad play?

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like

It’s singing, but obviously I’ll be going to that. The question is do I trust the game to be comfortable enough to sack off the last 15mins? Never know with us…

2 Likes

I sometimes sack the last 15 mins off because it’s annoying me :rofl:*

*More a mental health thing to be fair sometimes I just have to take myself away from it and then I check the final score on the offal with my fingers crossed sometimes it’s positive sometimes not.

The issue I usually have with trying to watch a match later on is avoiding the result and actually being able to enjoy watching it knowing that it’s over.

My preference would be watch what I can, hope we’re 3-0 up, and just go enjoy the concernt and keep an eye on the score.

If BT sport app won’t work, just listen to the last 15 - stick earbuds in - just remember not to celebrate if we score!

1 Like

Hopefully by the time you’re sitting down to listen to Jr’s dulcet offerings, we’ll be comfortably in the clear.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like

@Mascot will at least be able to watch big parts of the game.

It’s my nephews first Birthday and so I’m spending the afternoon with family.

Can’t even remember the last time I was not able to watch our game. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s okay these days, we have the luxury of finding full match replays in a matter of seconds. I very rarely need to watch the replay, but I sometimes tried not to know the result (some of those summer friendlies when our games are in the US, either fall asleep or got o sleep, instead watching replay in the morning). But even if I know, it doesn’t kill it for me.

1 Like

I was going do that with Leeds but couldn’t help myself checking at half time.

1 Like

This is a tough game, Brighton are a good footballing team and we will need to be on our game to win this.

Back four is a decision on Matip or Konate.
Midfield is now Fabinho plus two.
My choice for this is Hendo and Thiago.
Up front I would go with Salah, Bobby and Diaz. Mane needs a bit of rest, whilst Salah needs a goal. I think Jota looked rusty on Tuesday so I would give him 30 minutes for Bobby.

We need to win this and City will drop points vs Palace.

2 Likes

Time to go full Hyman Krustofsky

1 Like

Maybe the club can sponsor your shark/red bull/hell/chemex-ful of coffee intakes before games, that should ensure the wins, and much cheaper than investing in the squad too, anyway…

1 Like

The real question is what is the history of league results when you miss a game. Answer that, and you should be able to answer this question easily.

1 Like