Pre Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v. Liverpool, 1230 UTC, Saturday 12 March 2022 (Premier League)

Brighton move the ball really well on their day, which I think is why we’ve struggled with them at times. They’re capable of breaking our press, so if we’re not compact enough we can get into trouble, leaving big gaps for them to exploit. The 2-2 at Anfield in particular springs to mind, when I think they came back from 2-0 down…? Can’t remember if it was this season or last.

That was this season, last season we drew 1-1 at their place and lost 0-1 at Anfield.

2 Likes

Referee: Mike Dean. Assistants: Eddie Smart, Mark Scholes. Fourth official: Simon Hooper. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis.

So Brighton can basically do wither they want in their box, Mike Dean does not give penalty’s to Liverpool and Attwell will not correct him.

Far from the worst line up of officials really!

1 Like

Before the last three results, we beat them all the time. So, it’s time to set the record straight there. Hopefully the recent bad results will give added motivation to our lads, fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Do both! Watch first 60/75mins until it’s time to leave. Stay off phone etc until after concert then watch recorded last 15/30 mins.

Yeah and I’ll expect the same to continue. Maybe Jones’ more is made of Jones’ absences because it always feels like Jones himself isn’t happy to be out of the squad but I think Klopp has proven time and time again that he’s willing to do what he feels is the best thing for club and player and back himself to man manage the reaction of the person.

1 Like

Brighton can be an awkward side but we are playing them at a period of the season where they are really out of form, having lost 5 of their last 6 games.

No excuses for this one, we just have to win.

2 Likes

Can you also tell us the result… don’t have to watch it then.

Most refs are crap, they aren’t the worst lot and sometimes like Taylor in the derby they can surprise us.

Some Covid issues in the squad. Some players seemingly didn’t train yesterday?

Your son’s concert will be shit, (he might be great but everybody else’s kids are always awful) listen to match commentary. Simple.

Van Dijk, Konate and Thiago (no surprise there) were all missing from training yesterday.

Brighton are a weird team. They are below Wolves, Villa, Southampton, Palace, and Leicester. I don’t think they weaker than those teams.

According to Klopp we have some COVID issues among players and staff

Oh no…

Hopefully one of Konate or VVD is available. Probably can cope without Thiago.

Thought Gomez might play this, guess we will know who is available later when they post the training photos.

Klopp hasn’t heard of anyone who is out from training he says so let’s hope it’s that crappy box of false positives again.

Our season is just one of many hurdles fingers crossed the losses are minimal. Bit odd for VVD and Thiago to get it again mind so soon, didn’t they have it as recently as December?

1 Like

I for one blame @Mascot’s son.

1 Like

I’ve had a reprieve. It doesn’t start until 2.30. He just has to be there at 2pm. I can make this work.

4 Likes

Yep. Probably false positives then. But they could still be ruled out of this one.

Been in free fall for weeks……watch them improve today….

2 Likes