Pre Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v. Liverpool, 1230 UTC, Saturday 12 March 2022 (Premier League)

You don’t have to self isolate anymore so why do players miss matches if they don’t feel rough?

2 Likes

Hope Bobby comes off bench today and in midweek does what he’s best at destroying Arsenal.

Have to say with all the goals we are still scoring what happened to the great celebrations / dances?

Did our players get too professional/serious or is it because Coutinho left?

Hope with the arrival of Luis it will change again.

1 Like

Bobby’s celebrations are some weird shit, I don’t miss them to be honest.

:joy:

1 Like

Great.

Early kick off. Down South. Bogey team.Covid.Salah contract distraction.

0-3 it is then !

1 Like

I hate 12.30 kick off’s.

2 Likes

If these stories are true about covid it may be matip and Gomez at cb, keita fab and captain in midfield.

Oddly slightly nervous for this one. Probably explained by how we played and the result against inter in the midweek, I have flashbacks to our monumental meltdown last season. I don’t actually expect anything close to that, but try telling your gut what your brain knows…

I would be relatively happy to have someone like Jones in the midfield. Whatever we do, we will need someone who can drive the ball forward. I feel like some of our issues against were the “umbrella” passing ie a little wary of mistakes and therefore mostly passing between the back line and CDM.

To be fair we still had loads of chances and easily could’ve had 3-4. But I digress.

I’d go with:

Alison
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Hendo Jones
Salah Mane Diaz

Lots of rotation in the front line possible in the substitutes. I’d probably be fine with any 3 from our 5 starting as well.

If Virgil isn’t able to play, put in Gomez; I’m not too worried tbh as he’s a decent player and should know he needs to show up for this one.

1 Like

By the way, I have a general question. Why, ffs, have we not made use of Costello’s Allison for a song? It’s too perfect (and also reportedly the younger Elvis supports LFC).

Is it because there aren’t many songs for keepers? The lyrics are a little negative but they would obviously be changed.

I’m always worried if Virgil isn’t able to play as for me he’s our most important player.

I have often thought the same about The Pixies Allison, I think it has a rhythm that would work as a chant.

1 Like

Phew…

9 Likes

6 Likes

Panic over. Worry not!

1 Like

2 Likes

Woah! Strong line-up, not taking anything for granted.

I like it.

3 Likes

Strong bench also.

4 Likes

Take this @kone

1 Like

So Origi and Konate have Covid. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

A collective shitting of trousers on the South coast :smiley::+1:

Just a smokescreen :joy:

1 Like