PRE MATCH: Brighton v Liverpool 28/11/2020; GMT 12:30

At least something, good to hear. We could see Hendo doing some individual work in last days, so I was hoping he could be back soon. Ox is also doing similar stuff, but maybe he needs a bit more time. Waiting for him and Thiago next.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thatā€™s my thanksgiving taken care of them.

3 Likes

There, FIFY :blush:

4 Likes

I may not eat turkey as a sacrifice. I donā€™t even like it. The cranberry though I may have trouble giving up.

5 Likes

Bacon strips covering the turkey, stuffed with baby carrots, baby potatoes, brussel sprouts, filled with chicken broth, then cook it in the oven. Thatā€™s how mom used to do it.

Well, went way off topic here! :rofl:

2 Likes

Itā€™s not as if weā€™re flush with options is it?

Klopp will pick whoever isnā€™t injured or closest to having their leg fall off.

Brighton donā€™t have a player on their left hand side with a ton of quality, certainly not like Gosens, so I would worry less about that getting exposed. With Lamptey out they donā€™t have a big threat on either flank.

3 Likes

Nobody showed up on Wednesday, and we didnā€™t travel, so we should be nice and fresh.

3 Likes

I think we should continue with Williams at CB to give him a bit more confidence and experience as itā€™s only a matter of time before Matip is out again

1 Like

Alisson
Neco Fabinho Phillips Robertson
Jones Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Jota

Subs: Adrian; Williams, Matip, Tsimikas, Milner, Mane, Minamino

Would mean Jones, Ali and Wijnaldum start three times in a week but not sure what else we can do really. Mane gets a rest he needs.

Phillips on paper should cope fine with anything aerially. Brighton donā€™t have any quality from LWB so Neco should be able to push forward more often. Many here underrate how good Gosens is.

1 Like

Kloppā€™s done his pre-match presser.

Hendo was involved in parts of team training yest (as we saw in the pics released), as well as individual sessions - heā€™s a TBC.

Other players who played Weds are in recovery. Late decisions will have to be made.

Was asked about Thiago - didnā€™t give an answer.

2 Likes

Potter said Trossard is fit to return, Lallana will be more of a late call (or at least thatā€™s what he says), the rest who were out are still out.

He did admit that missing Lamptey and not having a similar player for the right side will affect especially the way they attack. Weā€™ll see what that means and if they shift some focus elsewhere.

2 Likes

If I were Brighton manager Iā€™d play a goalie, a back four and six left wingers. Iā€™d instruct the goalie and back four to always clear the ball out left where it would be surrounded by the left wingers who would carry it upfield, cut inside and shoot.

1 Like

I wish you were Brighton Manager then. That would really make it easy for us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt if Sadio would be happy to be rested. Pretty sure he will bounce back tomorrow and get on the score sheet. Think Hendo will start as well and we will see a different attitude to that we saw in the CL game.
We just have to be big for two matches , Brighton and Ajax, then the pressure will ease a little with players recovering from injury and the CL spot sorted.

3 Likes
7 Likes

This is a big first step. Shame itā€™s only a meagre 2,000 fans, but hopefully itā€™s the start of getting it going.

Shame we arenā€™t able to have more in - Could probably put a 1,000 in each of the other three stands too in a relatively safe manner.

Will be interesting to see if the fans are split across the three tiers, or just use the Bottom (9,300 capacity) or Top (7,900).

Hopefully all those that qualify for these ballots get a game over the next few weeks.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand how they come up with that random number. Anfield has 60,000+ capacity and even the strictest social distancing rules would allow more than 2000.

2 Likes

You know what I dont get - why is it the likes of West Ham and Villa who are playing 1 game a week given 8 and 9 days rest - they are not playing until Monday - yet we are given 2 and half days? That seems crazy to me.

6 Likes

Because no one wantā€™s to watch whu and villa so they donā€™t play them much,fair enough to me.

8 Likes