PRE MATCH: Brighton v Liverpool 28/11/2020; GMT 12:30

Looking at the training videos on the official site, Hendo looks good. I expect him to play. That betters our situation in midfield massively. :+1:t2:

No Thiago at all, which is very disappointing.

2 Likes

Who is this Thiago you speak of?

1 Like

Liverpool City Regions only? How the hell is that vaguely legal? Discrimination based on where you live. Couldnā€™t do it on the grounds of sex or race or religion but you can based on postcode. Madness.

1 Like

Hardly discrimination,stopping movement in and out of high level risk areas seems reasonable,theyā€™ve alreasy done it with countries.

11 Likes

Wool?

:thinking:
:wink:

3 Likes

Knitted.

Honestly, the range of even vague discrimination thatā€™s stamped down on now but OOTā€™s can happily be cast out? Growlā€¦

2 Likes

2000 is better than none me thinksā€¦

:musical_note: thereā€™s something that the Main Stand wants you to knowā€¦ :musical_note: :musical_note:

Nah not got the same ring to itā€¦ but it will do until we back in force :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Agree. Teams that play on Saturday 12:30h should not be involved in football during midweek. Should be possible in a League with 2 Teams.

ā€šProblemā€™ here is that the Asian market is paying huge amount of money to be able to see top teams at a good time in their time zone.

1 Like

Under Klopp we have won just 4 out of 8 games with that Wednesday / Saturday 12:30h turnaround.

1 Like

Too many injury prone players in our squad. At least the good news is that we waved goodbye to Lallana and Lovren - they spent more time with the club doctor than on the field.

Problem is that instead of signing a quality central defender we signed Tiago /a very, very good player, but missing too many games and on huge wages/.

And we still have Keita - absolutely unreliable /hopefully a team will be ready to pay 35-40 mln. pounds/. Gooe player, he has the right ingredients, but for 30 months he canā€™t stay fit and play 10 consecutive games for LFC.

AOC - a good player, but his injury problems are becoming a problem for us. Another one to move on next summer.

Joe Gomez - only 23 years old and suffered already 4 major injuries:

Cruciate Ligament Injury - 234 days missing; Achilles tendon problems - 128 days out of competitive football; two Ankle Surgeries for several months meaning he missed 176 days; and finally Patella problems, meaning he will be out for around at least another 200 days.

Joel Matip - our only fit central defender, but again injury prone. When fit he is a top class, it is not a coincidance that when he is 100% Klopp usually prefers him to partner VvD. But how long will Joel stay fit with games coming thick and fast?

Shaqiri - he was ok, till we signed him and from last season something happened and the boy is always injured.

Hopefully Alisson will prove me wrong and stay fit, because for the last 15 months he had a lot of physical problems and injuries, especially for a goalie.

The strange thing is that the club is ready to let go on a free transfer the fittest and ever present and ever reliable player - Wijnaldumā€¦ While next season we will probably have Keita, AOC, Tiago, Milner at 35 years and Hendo who will be 31, while hopefully Fabinho can be used at his best and preferred position.

Looking at the options for Saturday - defensively we donā€™t have many for tomorrowā€™s match. Two midfielders will start in defence /Milner and Fab/ and I hope that Jordan is fit enough to start alongsied Gini and Jones /only complimenst for the youngster, he was fantastic vs. Leicester/.

BHA like to dominat in midfield, the play possessionn based football and have the right players for this - Lallana, Trossard, Bissouma, Propper. Maupey and Welbeck are physical, like to press and we must be ready and not making cheap defensive mistakes is hugely important, because Brighton will press us deep in our own half. Of course it will open spaces for the attack and I hope that we will see Liverppol for Bergamo, not Liverpool from Villa Park.

I know that some thoughts in this post will look a little bit harsh, but based on the facts - that is the truth. We need a typical central defender and if we had a reliable player /signed this summer/, Klopp could use Fabinho in midfield and not potentially not risk Hendo tomorrow or overplay Gini and Milner.

P.S. And I am really angry tonight and still remember what those ugly pricks Richarlisson and Pickford did. Shit club, shit fans, shit stadium, shit owners and hopefully we will see them relegated sooner rather than later and playing against clubs and fans at their real low level - Wimbledon, Bradford, Portsmouth etc.

2 Likes

Were any of those 4 wins against Brighton, by any chance?

2 Likes

15 Likes

Canā€™t believe this is here already. It is getting ridiculous.

Itā€™s hard to say what the performance level will be against Brighton. They could give us a good game or we might win comfortably, based on our level fluctuating so much the last two games.

I think we will be more focused for the PL game, since we had a bit to spare in the CL, and while you never go out to lose a game, we still have a couple of group games to put it right and qualify.

Iā€™m going for 3-1 to Liverpool. What team we play is anyoneā€™s guess, but I am getting concerned about Thiago since platinum bignose tried to break his leg.

2 Likes

Its still early days, and I hope I am wrong, but I fear that Alcantara is the new Sturridge.

1 Like

Scott being sensibleā€¦ unheard of!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s more like it

2 Likes

7:30 am breakfast at the Pub tomorrow. And no blasted turkey either.

Was hoping my new Jota shirt would have arrived this week,but not to be.

2 Likes

Order yourself a chicken curry and veggie pakoras on @Alright_Nowā€™s account. I can tell you will need something fried.

3 Likes

What worries me most about this match is the time of the kick off. Klopp will be grumpy so I hope someones thought of packing a sausage for him.

3 Likes

Itā€™s 430 am for me. Iā€™m excited.

Oh wait. Itā€™s on peacock. If I wake at 730, itā€™ll just be starting.

2 Likes