Pre Match. Burnley vs Liverpool. Wednesday 19th May. PL

Is that the one where he ran back to help out the defence when he just lost the ball to them?

Saying that at least he didn’t stop and made up for his mistake!!!

0-4! shorty

1 Like

Mmmmmm they are not taking chances. An other Manchester wanker as the referee and VAR.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh. Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis. Fourth official: Jonathan Moss. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

Doesn’t really matter what the result of that game is. We need to win all our games to finish top 4. If we drop points we’re out, regardless of the rest of that game.

1 Like

So do I, he always plays a blinder against us.

1 Like

Would hope this is a walk in the park,but Burnell will have other ideas.
Same starting line up with a rocket up their arses from the get go.

It matters.

For example if Chelsea gets beaten with a few goals.

We score some past Burnley.

Then it’s possible that a draw on Sunday would be enough unless Chelsea gets a very highscoring win.

He didn’t start on Saturday and they let in 4. Maybe the rest of the team are demob happy but I think it shows the impact he has for them.

3 Likes

Whoever we start, whatever lineup we go with, whatever tactics we employ…

If you could you know… Not start at a snails pace, missplacing passes and generally playing like the team with fuck all on the line… Stop saying intensity is our identity and then failing to play as such.

Fucking go at them, from the off, smash into a tackle… Play with some desire.

That’d be fucking great. Thanks.

5 Likes

When we had actual first team CBs fit. Fab was on target to be player of the season for the first half this year. When he dropped deep and played alongside Matip or Gomez he played fantastically and our record was good - hell we were top with him at cb alongside Gomez/Matip and had the 7-0 with Fab at CB.

Problem is we’ve lost all first team CBs and Fab next to Philips/Kabak/Williams/Davies (if he ever plays) is nowhere near the same. For the rest of this season I don’t want Fab in the back line but next year if he has to drop deep on occasion I wouldn’t mind as long as he’s got Gomez, Matip, or VVD next to him.

2 Likes

They play Villa last game. You really want to depend on goal difference to get through?

1 Like

Wouldn’t the best result on Tuesday be a draw? Then we go a point ahead of Chelsea with a win at Burnley and could still better Leicester if Spurs take something off them, as their GD wouldn’t improve.

Anyway we have to go out there at Burnley and not allow them a sniff. I’ve no worries about the Palace match at home with fans, but we must go out at Burnley and leave the officials with no scope to derail us.

1 Like

It does matter. If Chelsea win tomorrow and then win against Villa we cannot catch them. That means a Leicester win against Spurs leaves them on 69 points which leaves us reliant on goal difference to go through. While that is alot more of a chance than was generally expected by most a few weeks back it is still abit of a lottery. I reckon we will still go through in that scenario but…

A draw or a Leicester win combined with a win for us against Burnley means we go into the last day already in 4th with our fate entirely in our own hands regardless of goal difference. So in order of preference:

1. A draw
  2. A Leicester win
  3. A Chelsea win.

Going into the final day already in the top 4 would be huge.

5 Likes

Burnley are better than WBA. We scraped a win vs WBA. Significant improvement needed for this match especially in front of goal. Our defence is limited and likely to concede, so we need to take our chances. It’s going to be another nervy one.

5 Likes

We’re better against better sides. :wink:

3 Likes

No, it wouldn’t.

Those sides are steretipically labelled as parked buses for 90 minutes, yet that is not true. Burnley (in last years especially) and even WBA yesterday for periods put bodies forward and pressured when they could. They mainly sit deep, but whenever they have a goal kick, a throw in or a free kick, they’ll look to hurt our CB’s, put bodies forward and try and exploit our weaknesses. Sometimes even when we build up from the back, they’ll put some initial pressure and then retrieve into a deeper block. Klopp praised Dyche for that little evolution in their game, considering he’s working with basically the same 15 players or so for a few years.

1 Like

One thing we actually did well against Soton was not give free kicks away (think I remember one near the box) sadly went back to it yesterday.

Shaqiri wasn’t too good but I thought Curtis gave a good account of himself yesterday?

2 Likes

Yeah Curtis was very good, no complaints about him. Just want more steel in the midfield to combat the thuggery of Burnley.

1 Like