Pre Match. Burnley vs Liverpool. Wednesday 19th May. PL

Yeh, I think Burnley will be very physical, Woods will try to bully Williams and Phillips.

1 Like

They were bullied by Leeds the other day

And we bullied United. :joy:

2 Likes

Rush, Ghost of a chance:

ā€œI donā€™t believe in destiny, or the guiding hand of fate. I donā€™t believe in forever, or love as a mystical state. I donā€™t believe in the stars or the planets or angels looking from above. But I believe thereā€™s a hell of a chance that the league know weā€™re finishing fourth and will believe in all the above accordinglyā€

4 Likes

Seriously not sure I could take another one like last nightā€¦why canā€™t we do things the easy way? Please get 2 or 3 in the first half and save us all that angstā€¦but I sort of know what will happen :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

so 0-4 at half time it is!
0-2 not being enough as if they score 1 itā€™s anxious moments.
0-3 would do but why not go the extra distance. :wink:

1 Like

Burnley team news by WhoScored:

• Burnley are unlikely to risk Nick Pope at this stage with Euro 2020 around the corner. Dale Stephens and Phil Bardsley are also doubts here.
  • Jay Rodriguez, Ashley Barnes and Johann Gudmundsson are also pushing for starts here.

Apart from Mcneil all of Burnleyā€™s outfield players appear the same to me - white, roughly 6ā€™1, physical, average technical ability, average pace. Couldnā€™t tell one from the other.

Despite the way they play they can be got at. Weā€™ll create enough chances, just need to tuck a couple away.

Same team for me but Iā€™d guess Wiijnaldum will start.

2 Likes

Weā€™ll probably need to score 3 to win so it will all come down to how clinical we are, we just cannot afford to be our usual profligate selves.
They have nothing to play for other than to fuck our chance of top 4 but if we get an early goal I think their heads will drop.
It wont be pretty but it never is with us.

2 Likes

He takes too much time on the ball. He needs to increase his speed of thought. Other than that, he is very good. Can that be coached? Not sure but if anyone can do it, Klopp can.

Win out, we get 4th (goal difference falls far enough our way Leicester would have to beat Tottenham by at least 3 goals to make it interesting).

Draw or lose one, we sit with our fingers up our bums hoping someone else effs up on the last day.

Leicester beating Chelsea may be slightly advantageous (and Brenda was once ours so Iā€™d rather see him take Leicester to the champions league than Chelsea have any success barring a Pulisic hat trick), but that is balanced by Tottenham being a tougher last day opponent than Aston Villa.

And all that really doesnā€™t matter, we just need to win 2 final games. If we canā€™t do that we donā€™t deserve Champions League.

1 Like

All our players need to give 100% from the get go.The only thing Iā€™ll be worrying against these lot is the set pieces.

1 Like

we didnā€™t give freekicks away their 12th man awarded them freekicks :wink:

Prefer Leicester to make it to the Champs League with us as it will mess up Chelskis transfer plans

Leicester can score goals and have beaten good teams by that margin including City. I do agree that winning all will probably get us 4th but Iā€™d rather not have to sit and chew my fingernails worrying about whether a goal going in off Dierā€™s arse in the 97th minute is going supper us.

1 Like

Well yeah true.

All being said the team we face on the final day we did knock 7 in against.

Regardless it doesnā€™t matter if we donā€™t win against Burnley in my view.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t it be nice to fucking spank somebody for a change

2 Likes

Like we did utd

1 Like

Yes, but I was still pacing the floor until Mo scored in stoppage time.

3 Likes