Pre Match. Burnley vs Liverpool. Wednesday 19th May. PL

He is not short on speed. Did you not see how quickly he went past the Albion striker and Rhys and Nat to cut out a clear cut chance for Albion ? He is also capable of excellent one and two touch football. One touch laid on the goal for Mo. He does sometimes seem to take a touch to many when faced with a block of defenders but rarely loses possession. Obviously there is room for improvement but his future is very bright if he is given the chance to show it.

Thatā€™s a bit deep for Ian Rush.

4 Likes

Heā€™d clearly been on the milk that day.

4 Likes

But not as profound as comparing playing for Juventus as like playing in foreign country

4 Likes

From pre-match conference:

Klopp on Alissonā€™s header: ā€œIā€™ve never watched a goal more often directly after a game!ā€

On Hodgsonā€™s retirement: ā€œNo chance [I will manage at 73]! If Iā€™m still on the bench then you can remind me of that, but itā€™s not in my plans at all. My former manager Wolfgang Frank showed us a lot of videos of Arrigo Sacchi, but also Roy Hodgson from his time in Switzerland. When I met him, heā€™s a really, really nice guy. As far as I know the Liverpool supporters, he will get an absolutely nice farewell.ā€

On Salahā€™s celebration with Alisson: ā€œI know how much Mo is committed to this team and this club, I donā€™t need a goal celebration to realise. He is working his socks off since heā€™s here, and is in a really good moment at the moment.ā€

On Trentā€™s corner: ā€œThis was a world-class corner; not the first, hopefully not the last from Trent. Nat Phillips could have scored if he left his eyes open, Sadio was in an interesting position. We shouldnā€™t take these kinds of things for granted. The cross made it happen. Ali only had to put his head on it.
Trent played a good season. We played with roundabout 20-odd different centre-half pairings which is tricky, he has a much bigger part in organising than he did previously. A young, world-class talent to a defensive organiser is a big step but he made it.ā€

Jurgen Klopp confirms no long-term absentees are expected to return on Wednesday. Oxlade-Chamberlain (illness) has trained, while James Milner will be with the group today. Diogo Jota is looking better than initially thought: ā€œA tiny, tiny little chance for the weekend.ā€

8 Likes

Apparently he never said that. It was a quote from Kenny Dalglish who was taking the piss during an interview.

Itā€™s a bit like that alleged quote from John Lennon that Ringo wasnā€™t the best drummer in The Beatles. It was actually a Jasper Carrot joke.

John Lennon actually did say this about Ringo, I remember seeing it in an interview in the USA

Mildly funny little story about Rushie :

You may , or may not , know that he hails from Flint in North Wales. (Right by where Iā€™m from.)

I used to read electric meters many moons ago and was in Flint for the day doing the big council estate there and the name Rush kept popping up on my hand held device. Even more surprising was the uncanny resemblance a couple of them had to our hero.

A little later I was telling a mate of mine (who is himself from Flint) about it. Smiling , he told me that there was a big family of them and Ian was just one among many brothers , and they all look exactly the same !

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

fixed for a laugh

3 Likes

Please do not wait a 94th minute winner this time

1 Like

A lot will depend on how our young defenders handle a hostile crowd. A good learning for them but hopefully not at the expense of the result.

No excuses. Even with our Cb we should win these two.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a 94th minute winner in every game we play for the next 20 years.

7 Likes

If they put us through that every game Iā€™m not convinced many of us would make 20 years

7 Likes

After the 4th time, weā€™d be cool :slight_smile:

But isnā€™t the greatest joy the last minute winner? Winning 7-0 is fun but the sheer elation of that last gasp goal is really what itā€™s all about.

1 Like

Shocking decision by Mike Dean there. Chelsea fans on Twitter seem to fully believe thereā€™s an agenda against them

1 Like

Clear penalty for me

This is why there is var right? Frustrating to see it ainā€™t working but delighted itā€™s still level

Now my biggest fear for tomorrow is Kavanagh. If we give him the chance he will do us in. The Manchester cunt who fucked us against the Bitters will not hesitate to do it again.

Burnley is shite, but if we can not beat a shite team like that at least once in a season we have no business finishing T4.

2 Likes

I thought it was Coote who fucked us over