Pre Match Chelsea vs Liverpool, Sunday 2nd Jan 2022 (!) - Premier League

I worded that wrong… I meant hopefully he isolates inbetween matches.

Biggest blow is losing Becker for this on Sunday and Firmino and maybe others for Arsenal.

If we do play half a side I’ll probably not not bother.

It is what it is @mattyhurst IMHO our best chance to win one or more prizes lay in the (European)cup tournaments this year. City is too consistent.

1 Like

Yeah I agree… I’d rather not have it spoil my weekend now so yeah call it off :rofl:

2 Likes

I think for the Chelsea game, only Alisson will be a loss. The backline, thankfully, is still intact and any two from Keita (he is definitely playing), Milner, Ox, and Henderson can partner with Fabinho. Upfront, while we are now lacking any sort of cover, Mane, Jota, and Salah has been our regular for a while now.

Yeah you say that until we report another couple.

I go with

Kelleher

TAA Konaté van Dijk Tsimikas

Fabinho

Ox Henderson Keïta

Salah Mané

And hope for the best.

Could be this:

Kelleher
Trent Matip vDijk Tsimikas
Henderson Fabinho Keita
Salah Jota Mane

Subs: Pitaluga, Konate, Gomez, Williams, Beck, Milner, Jones, Gordon, Chamberlain.

Main question is again, who starts at LCM? Chamberlain, Keita or maybe Milner? I think it’s too soon for Jones to start.

We still don’t know the 3rd positive person, so I guess it’s then someone like Morton instead of whoever in the 18.

Smash them. They’re shit.

11 Likes

I want to see Konate in from the start. Albeit Matip played well against Leicester, I think with Lukaku being their battering ram, Konate probably has the better robustness. He’s also quicker, when it comes to the fast legs of Werner, Pulisic, CH-O etc.

1 Like

Keita or Milner.

1 Like

Bit different to a ‘minor muscle problem’. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Naby for me - and I’d probably also start Jones over Milly for that role!

1 Like

Ok, so how many players out for that one? A lot is seems, and key players too. Bobby, Alli, Thiago, whom else?

I’m not pinning any hopes on that one. Any positive result will be a big plus in my eyes. If it goes through that is, which is far from a foregone conclusion at this point.

For this game I would prefer Milner over Curtis as his dark arts will get under the collective skins of Chelsea.

2 Likes

He is good at dark art bits, namely slowing play and picking up his obligatory yellow card for stopping an attacking foul. But he’s not got the legs so once on his yellow he’s done for.

Better saving his legs for last 20 situations.

2 Likes

After Bobby, Ali and Thiago, its Divock, minamino and Morton by the looks of it. Not all doom and gloom.

Meanwhile Chelsea having issues too in defence with Chillwell and James out. Albeit Alonso and Azpi are decent. Christianson came of injured in their last fixtures whilst I think Rudiger is out too.

Just be mentioned on BBC London Chelsea are asking for a postponement.

2 Likes

After Lukaku quotes he won’t be playing.

2 Likes

0-3!

2 Likes

That’s fairly ominous word choice from The Boss. Suggests to me it’s a player(s) as significant as Ali.