Pre Match: (CL) Inter Milan vs Liverpool, 20h00 GMT Wed 16th Feb 2022 (a)

Can’t believe that Dzeko is still playing. He must be in his forties by now

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Good player, yeah. Very decent technique for someone of his size.

1 Like

I can’t see these being an issue and would hope to have the tie wrapped up by the end of the game in Milan

1 Like

A game every 3 days now through until late march. I can see a bit of rotation going on in this game.

I would expect Konate, Diaz and Jota for a start will certainly play, instead of Mane, Bobby and Joel.

There could be a couple more as well, Harvey, Milner, Ox, Tsimikas could all have a shout of playing here.

1 Like

We owe them for the 1965 fiasco…I was at the home leg. One of the memorable Anfield nights.

5 Likes

We are better but we have to show it on the pitch. They are the best Italian team by a good margin and they have dangerous players.

We shouldn’t expect a walkover.

1 Like

Would be good if we more or less get this done and dusted tomorrow…
Be better than having hordes of Italian fans flocking to the City all wound up in the hope they have a chance of going through… Rip the plaster off tonight and let them console themselves in their own backyard

2 Likes

They are currently second in the table to AC Milan (appreciate there is a game in hand etc) but to be honest the Italian league isn’t what it once was, we should be looking to win comprehensively in my opinion.

1 Like

I was worried when we pulled them the second time at the aborted draw , and I haven’t changed my mind since. I think the first leg is mostly about not giving them a lead that they can defend back at Anfield. Thankfully the away goals rule has finally seen its day.

Fingers crossed for this one. A draw will do nicely.

2 Likes

Interesting titbit in that article. We were done for match-fixing in 1915 after deliberately losing to United. I didn’t know that. Oh, the horror.

Maybe I should be more worried than I am about this game but we were so much better than AC Milan when we played them it’s hard to not see us going through comfortably. Serie A is not what it was. Our team is hard to predict. I doubt JK has ever had so many options to choose from in his entire managerial career but whoever he picks should be enough to win here.

Inter have some good players but a lot of them are approaching their mid 30s - Dzeko, Sanchez, Perisic, Vidal and others who aren’t known for being workhorses (Calhanoglu) whilst the likes of Bastoni and De Vrij won’t be able to match Salah, Jota, Mane and Diaz for speed.

If we play at the intensity and pace we are capable of we will have far too much for them to handle, nobody in the Italian league can come close to matching it.

I’m going 3-1 Liverpool.

3 Likes

Read that some Inter fans would prefer Vidal at RCM due to his experience of playing with Thiago.

2 Likes

Long time, no see @FowlersLeftPeg

2 Likes

Morton’ in the squad training session, but Hendo looks to be injury free from what has been filmed at Kirkby in the last couple of hours.

2 Likes

Finally, the CL knockout stage is here. Looking forward to it.

Due to the fact that it is our third game in only six days (another one follows three days later), some rotation of the starting XI is imminent. I expect Klopp to make 4-5 changes in comparison to the side that faced Burnley, as well as utilizing all 5 subs available to ease some workload off the key players.

At least one change shall be made in every department. I just do not think Matip should start his third game in six days, so Konate gets the nod alongside VVD (no problem, as he bossed the home side forwards at San Siro in December). Thiago to start as RCM. In attack, Jota leads the line instead of Bobby.

In my opinion, the only question is who starts in midfield alongside Fab and Thiago. It can be anyone of the other midfielders. Because this is arguably our biggest game of the season so far, Klopp may choose experience - as @KY_TNRed suggested - and start Milner there, also in order to deal with all Italian shithousery possible.

Other possible tweaks are Diaz (and maybe Tsimikas), though unlikely in my opinion. The biggest test of the season so far is the time to play tried and trusted players. So Mane (and Robbo) gets the nod ahead of our Colombian, but I am 100% sure Diaz comes in from the bench in the second half.

2 Likes

I’m here most days :rofl:
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

5 Likes

Not sure Millie has had a particularly good season up to now…
But if the Milan players are half step behind us in intensity… Maybe he will be right for this game

The feasible options are

1. Konate for Matip
2. Tsimikas for Robertson
3. Henderson for Fabinho
4. Milner for Henderson
5. Thiago for Keita
6. Diaz for Mane
7. Jota for Bobby

The options in bold are the most likely ones, in my opinion.

5 Likes

I expect that more against Norwich at the weekend, us to rotate around half a team, well spread out through the 3 outfield lines.

2 Likes