Pre Match: (CL) Inter Milan vs Liverpool, 20h00 GMT Wed 16th Feb 2022 (a)

I’m expecting Klopp to go strong but stead for this one so Mane rather than Diaz, Matip over Konate etc.

Whether Hendo plays depends on his fitness. He struggled to an hour against Burnley with a knock and he didn’t look fully fit before that. I could see a Fabinho, Keita, Thiago midfield.

Do we still have up to 5 subs with this one?

3 Likes

I agree, the three options in bold are likely and I specifically mentioned those in my comment + Milner (possibly Elliott/Ox/Jones) for Henderson. The 5th change could be either Diaz for Mane or Tsimikas for Robbo, but I consider it unlikely. Of course, if the third midfielder alongside Fab and Thiago is Keita or Hendo, that technically means 3 changes only, though it is IMO the minimal number of changes Klopp will make for this game. And yes, if that third midfielder is one of Milner/Hendo/Keita, he will be most probably subbed early in the second half.

He’s a gobshite. Reffed us away to PSG and Atleti (just before Covid) and gave us fuck all, bought everything they were selling. This is genuinely bad.

1 Like

I’m nervous about this one and wouldn’t want to call it to be honest. Don’t really know anything about Inter or the Italian league these days. I’d settle for a draw and no red cards or injuries, but I fancy us to win over the two legs as I would fancy us against anyone. All depends on what mood the refs are in. I’ll be beyond pissed off if we go out.

2 Likes

They lost to AC Milan

Tyler Morton, Rhys Williams and Marcelo Pitaluga was all involved in first team training today ahead of tomorrow nights encounter with Inter Milan. #awlive [liverpool echo]

2 Likes
  • Sees Kelleher and Alisson in training photos*

breathes a sigh of relief

2 Likes

Yeah but Karius too.

come on, lets be realistic now with the lineup and the schedule.

yes, the rotations will be fast and furious for next 6 weeks. But not a chance in hell that Klopp puts out a weak side in a knockout CL game, away against Inter MIlan. With Norwich and Leeds next up. That would just piss off the Italians.

this will be our finest in-form XI. I suspect Jordan has been rested to let his back heal up, but that he’ll start this one. However, I suspect we may see Jota in this one.

Allison
TAA Matip VvD Robbo
Jordan Fab Thiago
Salah Jota Mane

subs: Kelleher Tsimikas Gomez Konate Milner Elliot Keita Firmino Diaz Gordon

what a bench we have now! I look back to the first year that Klopp arrived…fucking hell. Europa league from Dec 2015, scoreless draw away vs Sion.

1 Like

0-3!
Might get to watch this as it’s my day off.
Hoping @wyld.at.hrt gets us off to a good start for these final stages!

2 Likes

Weird one this, if they are of the standard of Milan I’d be disappointed with anything but a win (at least it will be a second visit their this season).

However if we drew it wouldn’t be the worst result especially with no away goals.

1 Like

There are constant imperfections results wise in football, let’s not forget numerous games when we were not the favourites (like Inter here) but pulled a performance and/or result out of the bag. Other teams are also capable of that. I certainly wouldn’t go on a calculating mission thinking if we beat Milan that this will be the same.

We are favourites (not huge ones), but there are many possible scenarios. It’s a serious enough opponent for sure. Some question marks as we haven’t played them for a long time, they play a system that can pose problems to the more dominant team, etc. Could turn out to be a routine game, could be more complicated (a draw or worse). We’ve seen much stranger things.

However, I do trust us that we will have too much for them over two legs.

6 Likes

Sometimes the way we play surprises me.

Anyhow it’s a two legged tie I think we can get the job done over two legs.

1 Like

upsets do happen in football. Inter Milan are the Italian champions and they have enough quality across the pitch to hurt Liverpool. They are potent up front with Lautaro Martinez , Edin Dzeko.

They might be missing Barella and Simone Inzaghi is a step down from Conte but they still are a team which can hurt other teams on their day.

2 Likes

Can I ask have you seen them play? I’ve often missed them seem to end up watching Milan, Atlanta and some odd reason Venezia.

I do watch Italian football I’m just not that impressed with their results though as I said I haven’t seen them.

Liverpool aren’t comfortable when facing teams who crowd the midfield. This will be just one of those games

Their stadium is incredible, anybody knows why they are pulling it down

My team:

Alisson
Trent Konate Van Dijk Robbo
Fabinho
Elliot Thiago
Salah Jota Mane

Don’t think I’ll be able to watch live tonight…

Away from home in the Champions League, if you don’t have Henderson in your midfield you don’t know Klopp… You know he’s starting deep down. Forza the all conquering Hendo reds!

2 Likes
1 Like