Pre Match: Crystal Palace v. Liverpool, 1400 UTC, Sunday 23 January 2022 (Premier League)

Two weeks before the next game, so I think Klopp will try to squeeze every drop from his preferred XI. Two obvious changes will be Konate for Matip and Takumi for Gordon. Rather hard for Tsimikas.

3 Likes

I’d start the midfield from Thursday the only change would potentially be Ox.

Ali for Kelleher would be my only change. I thought Minimino stank when he came on. If Matip is injured Konate for Matip if needed.

Coz they’re not spurs .

Cmon boys…its in your hands…

City dropped points
Palace had 8 days off since there last game
We’re without Mo and Sadio
Game before a two week break

A win would be huge but i am not very confident tbh. Hoping for a win.

Edit:
Serious question
When was the last time we won a game on Sunday before international break?

Hendo is playing poorly but Milner has been terrible in a few appearances recently as well. If Klopp starts Milner and Henderson together, instead of Jones, he knows more than me etc etc blah blah but I’ll despair.

I’d keep the same midfield 3. Hopefully Ox is back and on the right. I know everyone hates him in the front 3, but he’s a better option than Minamino on the right. At least Ox will keep the width at times and allow Trent to do damage in the central areas.

As few changes as possible for me, there’s a break coming up.

5 Likes

Tomorrow, hopefully. In all seriousness though, I don’t think we have for a while now, definitely not this season.

2 Likes

Last season when we beat Arsenal.

Though to be fair we’ve played Chelsea and Man City this season and Man City last season.

2 Likes

Ox is supposed to be ready but I doubt it, Konate for Matip, Tsimikas for Robertson and Minamino for Kaide.

Yeah, I’d like not to see Milner or Minamino in the starting lineup to be honest and even though young Kaide (fuck, I’ve gotten old haven’t I, fuck me) has missed chances he’s offered more than Minamino I feel and he’s getting into scoring positions.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Gordon’s missed a big chance in every game he’s played (friendlies included) for the first team so far, which is a great sign in all honesty. A 16/17 year old missing chances is not a problem. Getting them in the first place is the part most players struggle with, the other stuff will come.

As for Taki, I don’t mind him from the left but that’s Jota’s best position. He’s best used off the bench for these games.

Edit: Although last time he started vs Palace we won 7-0, so maybe not.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree that Gordon has been good and he’s done well to get into the position to miss those, but I feel like impressions of Minamino have been overly coloured by that one miss. He’s been pretty alright otherwise, finding himself in good positions and burying opportunities too.

The main problem really, is that we need someone more similar to Salah in style playing in that right-sided forward position. Our attack looks more disjointed whenever we try to put someone else there, except perhaps Gordon, but that’s also because his movement and the positions he would take up (especially to shoot) are closer to Salah than most others in the squad. I think Minamino’s looked best in that centre-forward role, but Firmino is back.

I would say if we end up in the 4-2-3-1 as we have at times so far this season with Firmino in the 10, then we could probably put all of them in together.

3 Likes

Tô be honest my view on Minimino was how lost he seemed when we came on, we looked less dynamic simple. I didn’t even see the miss, I’d turned it off and had no desire to rewatch it.

Simply I think we looked better on Thursday without him than with him.

2 Likes

I can’t sleep but that’s not due to all the hype created by the media and the same FA and PL suits who now realize they cashed too many checks and still want a title race. It’s because I worry about our manager & the boys who have managed to bond and form a force others cant explain.

2x-20x Net Net Millions spent by most other “big 6” clubs, yet, they can’t form a team like we have.

I’ll be excited to watch our 17 year old start or get experience on the bench. I’ll cherish every moment we scare the crap out of those who hate us. This is our Holiday Fixture season that just got started last week.

2 Likes

I just rang JK to tell him I’d like to wipe out City’s GD advantage and still have a game in hand.

His exact reply was, ‘I am sleeping in this moment. So that is not cool. How did you get this number?’

Turns out the jolly German is not so jolly, but hopefully he took my advice on board.

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I’d take a 1-0 right now after city’s draw…then get the boys back from AFCON…City have more banana skins coming up…before the champions league…and we know how pep likes a champions league :slight_smile:

We just need to keep winning…dont care re performances just wins…

4 Likes

I have some information on the topic that renders your call to Klopp irrelevant
A statement will be released by the PL very soon…

“The PL are acutely aware of the thoughts of supporters through social media. We note from recent debate and the input of armchair experts that goal difference makes, in fact …no difference. Only a couple of times in the history of the world has GD been relevant.
Soon, the GD columns on PL tables will be abolished as we strive to find a better system of arbitration in the 1 million to 1 event of a tie.
Our current choice where each club buys and trains a racing pigeon is under discussion”

Thought you would like to know.

BTW @GermanRed
Todays match now officially matters.

Come on you Reds

Lets fucking batter them like a mars bar in Scotland

3 Likes

Don’t fuck this up you fuckers.

1 Like

It would be nice if the thread starters mentioned the game is live on Sky sports :grin:.

2 Likes