Pre Match | Crystal Palace vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 14 | Saturday December 19th 12:30h | Selhurst Park

Strong rumours that Salah’s being rested for this one.

2 Likes

I saw that, Minamino to take his place, somebody guessing me thinks.

1 Like

Just get the win please you red men, then the others chasing us have a little bit of pressure to follow suit. Southampton going very well and might do something against Man City. Leicester against Spurs too. And Leeds are leaky at the back, but so are Man Utd, so hopefully Leeds get a result there,

Anyway, win please.

Alisson
Trent Matip Fabinho Robbo
Jones Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

Mane to score, he’s due.
Jones to score as well. He has burst through the last coup,e games but didn’t quite have the finish. It’s coming.
Our third goal will be a Matip header.

3-1 to the reds.

4 Likes

We should let them set the pace for this game and then bully them.

3 Likes

We had 76% possession against Spurs so I only expect about 70% against a more attacking team away from home.

8 Likes

With 8 days (I believe) grace until the next game after Palace I would go same 11 with Matip coming in for RW if fit.
After a great 3 points from the Spurs game, the last thing we should do is surrender any potential points trying to be clever, by rotating players.
If as the reports suggest, Thiago, Shaqiri and Milner returning to full training next week, along with Ox and Naby now with main squad I dont see any reason to change.

Seeing comments that Minaminio may potentially replace Salah. My thoughts aren’t completely against this. He is technically sound, just gets bullied. I believe he needs to play further forward until he bulks up.

3 Likes

He was the agent of another club even when he managed us. So don’t think we’ll get any help from him

1 Like

COFFEE??? Beer for breakfast, that’s the way of champions!

4 Likes

The only advantage CP have over us for this one is that Sakho is injured. Other than that we should get all 3 points.

4 Likes

Not sure if Salah needs “resting” but if he is, then Minamino needs to up his game immensely. Or maybe he just isnt strong enough gor the PL?

3 Likes

The positive aspect about him is that at least he’s not made of glass like some of our other mids.

2 Likes

Nor me. He looks like just about the last player who needs a rest.

He can have a rest next week … after his hat trick today.

3 Likes
Becker
Alexander-Arnold R. Williams Fabinho Robertson
Ox Henderson Jones
Salah Firmino Mané

0-2

1 Like

A win would make the weekend so good, can watch rest of the games in peace. There’s no immediate game to correct the mood as well if we drop points in this one.

So, a win please atleast for that?

Yes, I have selfish reasons

5 Likes

If the lads can stay both focused and composed for the first 20-30 minutes I think we’ll get the job done.

Palace can be quick through the middle but I expect Hendo and Fabinho will handle that.

Am really impressed with Jones.

Looking at 3 points here if we get it right

2 Likes

I’m not too far from Selhurst Park- I live within roughly 5 miles of the stadium- and it’s been raining most of the morning.

Do not be surprised if the pitch is pretty heavy by kick off time.

5 Likes

Come on Reds! Smash them 0-4!

3 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

Today were are subject to the whim, caprice and vagary of PGMOL’s very own nominee for membership of the Roly Polys, namely jonathon “mind boggling megalith” moss, probably the un-fittest ref in the world. With stuart “treacletown codder” attwell on duty at Stockley Park, it is inevitable as has become the norm, that we shall be playing the usual twelve men plus VAR.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before, but a word to the wise, expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you won’t be disappointed.

As if to compound our travails, not only are we away, darn sarf of the river at the brickfield lair of uncle woy (ἡ γλαυκός σάρκινος as designated by Boudica & her fellow classicists), to face his glaziers (noted for a playing style better suited to Smithfield Market than a football stadium), but we must endure that vilest of all God’s creation, the lunchtime kickoff. Truly everything, and every man, is conspiring agin us.

But there is little point throwing our arms up, as if calling on Heaven to witness a good teams’ persecution. Just get on with it; come on you Redmen, give’m down the banks!

And, what of Lawro, I hear you enquire; doth he lift up the light of his countenance upon us? Are we to chance upon him, white and shining, tripping along over the turf like a Theocritan shepherd hastening to keep an appointment with a nymph?

In the words of Samuel the prophet, to Saul, “in your dreams”.

According to Preston’s pustulent prognosticator of pestulance, even though the glaziers’ brick outhouse, big ben, will be absent, it will still be tough for Liverpool. Never the less, wormtongue, predicts a two - nil win to us. I could witness his mutilation unmoved.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

14 Likes

Just got caught in the latest downpour.

It has also been sunny and windy in equal measure.

Wait…am I still in Melbourne??

5 Likes

Bollocks. You stole that off Meena and Beena in Goodness Gracious Me.

5 Likes