Pre-match: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | Sat 9th December 2023, 12:30 GMT

The sky’s falling, I agree with Rio. Ref was doing his utmost to not to overturn the Endo foul.

Personally I’d would like see Jones for Ryan. Maybe Diaz off for Gapko as well

They havent talked about it but did vvd actually touch their player for pen? Seen it about 6 times and cant see any contact

3 Likes

I reckon the ref thought there was contact, but not enough to go down. But fair enough him asking for several different angles and not just going with VAR. I thought he handled the review well, and changed his decision after carefully looking.

1 Like

the lads are playing way too slowly, or there’s no movement from the lads in front

He didn’t need the angles, though. It was a blatant foul on first viewing. It’s one of the reasons I think it’s all gotten a bit silly with VAR etc.

1 Like

no to the former, yes to the latter.

This isn’t the saturday morning hangover head match i was looking for.

Seemed to me he was desperately trying to find an angle that showed Hughes getting a touch on the ball.

2 Likes

got to have belief

Looks like Gomez is coming on.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I didn’t think it looked like a foul at all and definitely not from the ref’s angle. Then from the other angle yes, it was a clear foul

Oh joy!

Gomez for who?

For Endō. Klopp looking for some steel and 3 at the back.

Opinions eh! My take is I think our approach so far is a bit too lackadaisical. The passing is slow, we are not moving Palace around laterally, and so there’s no space out there for us because the passing isn’t good enough to create it. So defensively it is not that difficult for them.

Generally we are playing a ponderous game in front of them and not getting around or behind them, and turning them around. Also, I would say their intensity in the tackle is higher than ours so far.

It’s only half time. Our quality is better than theirs, but to my mind so far it is boiling down to the age old adage that you have to match their work rate before you can play your football and let your quality show.

Anyway, game on! Hopefully we win this and go top, even if it is temporary for now.

1 Like

Palace won’t retain this pace for another 45mins…

Palace want a slow game so we need to up pace

1 Like

Crystal Palace are anti-football

1 Like

45 seconds for nunez to stray offside…again