Pre-match: Crystal Palace vs Liverpool | Sat 9th December 2023, 12:30 GMT

I wish I was drunk, it might help, watching this game.

Most games this season, Nunez has been the one creating attacks in the first place and causing danger…

He’s currently a caregiver, Mo being his faithful client.

Even so Gravenberch is much more frustrating!

Why? Because he keeps getting fouled? I think he’s been fine and done a job. The issue is around him where we completely lack creative spark.

1 Like

Despite Endo giving the ball away a couple of times, I would keep him on and take Dom and Gravenberch off. Curtis and Elliot would give us the energy and determination we lacked in the first half.

You’re too kind:

Are you saying you wanted that half to go on?

To be fair he is getting fouled every time he receives the ball.

1 Like

Absolutely fucking gash, lads. Wake the fuck up.

Desperately lucky not to be a goal down to a team who got twatted by Bournemouth, have about thirty lads injured, and are managed by a fucking geriatric

We’ll be fine.

1 Like

On the bright side, we are still level. Need to go out for the second half with a better execution of the game plan. Then around 60 to 70 minutes, introduce a couple of subs to cause some damage to a tiring Palace midfield.

And cut out dallying on the ball in front of goal.

Something needs to change here.

Either 442 with Trent going next to Endo like Fulham or Gakpo/Jones on for Gravenberch to protect the ball better and link the play.

Horrendous midfield performance so far, we can’t progress the ball through there.

Don’t bring on Jones.

We seem to be trying to walk the ball into the net and stuck on a low block. Couldn’t we trying a few shots from distance as we did against Fulham? If nothing else, there’s probably more chance of scoring on the rebound.

As far as the VAR debacle goes, I think some officials really don’t like to be told that they got something wrong. I’d be interested to hear the commentary on that. Did he think Endō deliberately went down?

Not a great half of football from us. We started brightly, but then it became a bit of a slog.

We didn’t pass fast enough, or crisply enough, so Palace always seemed to be able to get their tackles in on us.

Great save by Alisson. Welcome back that man.

Very clear foul by Malfoy on Endo. Crazy that the ref missed it and needed half an hour on the monitor to see it. Still, they got it right in the end.

Second half? We need to up our intensity, pass faster, move Palace around and find some space out there.

The Premier League is difficult. I’m ok if the performance level isn’t always what we hope for, but at that point we better at least have some zip about us, and that is just not there so far today. If we get that in the second half hopefully we get the all important three points.

1 Like

Rio looks even more gormless with hair

I swear I must be watching a different game to all of you saying we’re not passing quickly enough. That’s so clearly not been why we’re struggling.

I can’t decide whether we are a bit flat or entitled or the two in equal measure. There are a couple of other minor annoyances but maybe we just need to get our heads out of our asses!

You’re right its consistently been a back to front pass