Pre Match | Fulham vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 12 | Sunday December 13th 16:30h | Craven Cottage

Nice easy journey to the big smoke, easy stroll round the park, Salah and Mane do their thing and NO INJURIES!!!

Easy :slight_smile:

Cue 7 goal thriller.

1 Like

Seriously ā€¦ no shit!:joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Convinced that Salah starts and his minutes will depend on how the game is going. Nothing to do with the fact heā€™s my captain choice in FPL!

1 Like

Iā€™d keep Kelleher and give Ali more time off even if he is fit.

4 Likes

Becker will train today and Ox is in full training with the squat according to Klopp, no news about Thiago and Shaq.

3 Likes

If Ali isnā€™t 100% but gets the green light and is in training, I expect him to play, no matter how well Kelleher played.

Weā€™ll have to see what weā€™ve decided with Matip. 3 games in less than a week. Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, Saturday morning.

Tsimi and Jota are new slight issues or potentially out for this one, but both wouldnā€™t have started anyway I think.

Ox is good news so I expect him and Origi on the bench instead of Tsimi and Jota if thatā€™s the case.

Thiago - Klopp stated on 30 Nov: ā€œI canā€™t say exactly when he will be fine, but it will take a few weeks still with Thiago.ā€ so that means he will only return sometime in Janā€™21.

Shaq is like the Mystery of the Monoliths - appears briefly then suddenly disappears leaving everyone guessing.

2 Likes

Ox back in training is great news, during an important period in the season. Would be nice to see him get a run out against Fulham, if heā€™s an option.

1 Like

Jota and Tsimikas doubts. Once, just fucking once, it would be nice to hear we have no new injury concerns and a couple back in full training. :angry:

3 Likes
3 Likes

If Alisson is fit enough itā€™s a no brainer to play him. I say that because the mental strain, pressure, on Kelleher is enormous and we donā€™t want to see Adrian in a hyper stressed/nervous state due to being demoted get a one off in the league.

1 Like

Iā€™m relatively calm about Kelleher and the pressure - he appears to be quite a cool and calm character. But agree, if Ali is fit enough, he players.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed listening to The Boss talk about Curtis development (and the struggles of young players in general) and how the strong leadership of the older players is helping foster his professional development. What a special group of players and special time at the club.

7 Likes

I realise heā€™s a confident young lad however I got a bit worried during the game against Midetland and just feel heā€™s close to cracking. It might ā€˜justā€™ be Fulham but we still have to be wary of the pressure he is feeling even if we can not see it. A Pl match is so intense that even with our best line up Kelleher could easily have a lapse.

1 Like

Fulham have improved lately, apparently realizing that they would be going straight back down on their earlier form, so now they are trying to battle. In all likelihood they wonā€™t have enough about them to stay in the Prem.

On a one off game anything can happen, but if we play anything like our level, itā€™s irrelevant what Fulham, or VAR for that matter, try to do.

Time to put a good run together in the league and hopefully build a lead at the top before CL resumes.

3-0 Liverpool. Mane, Jones, Matip header.

3 Likes

Tough crowd here.

1 Like

Nice to see the Reds travel down to near my part of London. Craven Cottage is one of my favourite football grounds and I like Fulham as a club as well, with nice supporters.

On paper we should win this one, but then, we should have won against Brighton. Every game is tough in the EPL nowadays.

Looking for a win on this one.

6 Likes

Funny as on the tele the pitch looks like a ploughed field. Definitely the worst I have seen in the PL. (Seen worst rugby pitches Cardiff Blues one always looked shocking). Then I think I saw part of one of Fulhamsmatches this season and was surprised that it appeared they might have made an effort to have a decent pitch (could be mistaken though).

2 Likes

If Alisson is fit he plays.

No reflection on Kelleherā€™s performances at all, simply because Alisson should get picked ahead of any goalkeeper.

4 Likes

I went to Craven Cottage quite a few years ago, maybe 8-9 years, it was a pre-season game. It was lovely, overlooking the river Thames and you can walk through a park along the Riverside. It is not a huge stadium though.

It was a very pleasant stroll. You see Michael Jacksonā€™s statue there, not sure why its there.

4 Likes