Pre Match | Fulham vs. Liverpool | PL Matchday 12 | Sunday December 13th 16:30h | Craven Cottage

Fixed it for you.

7 Likes

Oh yes, @cynicaloldgit good one! :joy: :+1:

2 Likes

The other reason to start Alisson is because itā€™s probably better than asking him to deal with Kane and Son cold.

2 Likes

Al-Fayed was a friend of Jacksonā€™s. No other reason. He commissioned the statue to stand outside Harrods, but that was sold to the Qataris before the statue was completed, so he dumped it outside Craven Cottage.

Then Khan bought Fulham, the statue wound up at some ā€œmuseum of footballā€ in Manchester and the club got relegated - which Al-Fayed blamed entirely on the removal of the statue.

This museum, by the way, displays proudly a beachball signed by Steve Bruce and a latex puppet of Mourinho, and they still threw out the Jackson statue after a couple of years.

Billionaires are a fucking mess.

7 Likes

So not only did we lose Kostas but even more worryingly, Jota too with a knee injury as a result of playing in that totally frigging meaningless game on Wednesday. :thinking: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

In fairness, Kostas had to play.

Think the world of JĆ¼rgen but honestly weā€™d have been better off with a 5 - 0 defeat having sent the kids out for that fixture and protecting the senior players from injury as a result :disappointed:

Letā€™s hope any of the others that played are good for Fulham tomorrow :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

The impact I see of this would be on Salah in case Jurgen had planned to give him lesser minutes in this one.

1 Like

You can add Jota to this. He sustained a knee injury during that match and is out for some time, hopefully not too long. Fingers crossedā€¦ :cold_face:

2 Likes

Hence the addition of the word ā€˜periodā€™ :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

With no CL football for a while, Rhys might get some league games instead of Phillips. Weā€™ll see which two games Matip gets, Fulham & Spurs or Spurs & Palace.

1 Like

Since he was totally rested for the CL game, I expect Matip to play against Fulham & Spurs. I think Nat got few more games in him.

Yeah, not saying itā€™s the end of Phillips while thereā€™s no CL football. But in some games, depending on style/form, I think Rhys might get a few more (or on the bench as our 3rd option). Maybe thereā€™s also more long term trust in Rhys rather than Nat. He also showed he can play LCB.

1 Like

With Jota out I expect

Alisson
Trent Matip Fabinho Robertson
Jones Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino ManƩ

For Spurs I expect the same team but with Keita instead of Jones. Spurs play 2 hours before us tomorrow.

1 Like
11 Likes

Why Keita for Spurs you need someone with defensive discipline so you donā€™t get countered on easily Keita offers none of that.

2 Likes

You could be right but Jones was rested in the CL and Keita returned from injury and played an hour in Denmark. I expect Naby to come from bench tomorrow.

1 Like

What a pass, better cut that out, LFCTV. :joy:

3 Likes

Very slick move by Bobby. He has always been a innovative player on the pitch, he always does something different.

1 Like

coupla interesting selection questions for me, some of which been suggested aboveā€¦

whatever klopp says about focussing on fulham i think heā€™ll be working back from spurs and filling in the gaps. heā€™ll want ali, matip and trent playing that game.

so if ali is fit enough, he starts to avoid coming in cold on wednesday.

matip is rested so probably starts both, but there is potential to rest him in favour of phillips or williams if not. this might also hang on how many minutes klopp wants trent to play. i suspect heā€™ll get some, but neco may start. then perhaps klopp prefers matip next to neco than a very inexperienced right side.

the front three will start versus spurs, so any minutes that need to be managed will need to be managed today. salah getting 90 midweek will have been good for his fitness levels.

all that said, with enough time between games, we probably go strong as possible to try to get it done early before resting in-game, and the team picks itself. and iā€™ve just rambled on about rubbish. but i gotta do something in these frustrating breaks between the matchesā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Sadio Mane thinks Bobby is the coolest person ever :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. Itā€™s an absolutely must win game.

The sophisticated modern world has, one fears, a little lost its taste for the type of scene, so admired of an older generation, where Virtue, drawing itself up to its full height, scorns to be tempted by gold. No such nobility of spirit afflicts the pariahs of PGMOL, their pockets stuffed with Dirhams. Unsurprisingly, they have appointed andrea ā€œbrummie-barrow-boyā€ marriner as the referee, and lee ā€œdel boyā€ mason on VAR, for our visit to the lilywithe cottagers.

As Iā€™ve said previously, expect nothing from the ref, or VAR, and you wonā€™t be disappointed.

No joy in the world is ever quite perfect, so our very own Lucretius, Lawro, has predicted a two nil win for us. Surgit, as the old Roman said, aliquid amari.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death wonā€™t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

Iā€™ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

13 Likes