Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

Jürgen will light them up at half

1 Like

Trent’s had a good match for someone who supposedly can’t defend.

2 Likes

Rude, give him a chance, think that he didn’t have a full pre-season. Nothing wrong so far, just fact stating. I believe he can be a player for us this season.

1 Like

5 Likes

Started pretty well then lost our composure with too many long balls, we need to settle down draw them out and playbthough them.

Robbo has been poor Tsimi should have started as a reward for his good performances pre season and this is not the Macca we know.

4 Likes

First game of the season and a bit of ring rust and all against a newly promoted side, but that was a very underwhelming half. Not to mention this dickhead of a ref.

One thing for sure, the team is stable defensively, doing just enough to put them off. The chances Ipwich had were very easy to be saved…

1 Like

Not great, not terrible. Fitness wise a lot of players shouldn’t have started.

Think the dry pitch is not helping the fluidity of the passing game

You can copy and paste that for every league game this season.

4 Likes

It is good to see you all again.

What has everyone been up to this summer?

2 Likes

Nah , not fussed about this. 0-0 at half time , the game has to open up and we have the quality to get in the goals.

1 Like

As many have said, it all looks a bit disjointed. Nobody’s connecting play between defence and midfield, or midfield and attack. Wondering if Gakpo or Elliott change that in terms of connecting midfield and attack at least.

The main issue is that the referee thinks he is the star of the show.

2 Likes

The thing is he’ll end up being 1 of the better refs we have this season, some fouls against us were questionable but he’s given a fair bit our way that half.

Half time report… about as expected.

Passing wasn’t good enough and we didn’t carve out any clear chances. The way we play it at the back opens up risks, and Ipswich are giving a good account of themselves.

I expect us to improve and grow in authority in the second half. It’s clear that the players haven’t had enough coaching with Slot yet, and they aren’t quite up to speed on the movement and passing he wants.

Our corners and crosses haven’t had enough threat either. Most of it too close to their giant goalie.

Ed Sheeran is having too nice of a day. Let’s change that second half.

Oh, and Jota - I see why he is on, as he is clever, but at the same time, there were a couple of occasions I was wanting the pace of Nunez, who probably would have opened it up a bit.

1 Like

We have other players that have had more time with it, Jones, maybe Macca from the bench may have been better

You too, @SBYM

I was being vetted for VP this summer but had a fax machine issue and so now I’m back again on TAN

1 Like

Ed sheeran has to leave for a gig so we wont see that cunts face anymore

2 Likes