Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

Good night peeps 1:30 here in NZ

1 Like

The first half was turgid…The second half is pure Slotball! Gravenburch is silently the most important CM for Liverpool now. His close control and agility kept the whole side ticking. Macca improved quickly in the second half, winning the whole midfield battle fast enough.

This change in tactics also saw Diaz and Salah taking on more players which is really playing to their strengths!

Jota missed a sitter but he is clinical enough to finish the second chance for him.

One can only wonder if Slot can improve Nunez?

3 Likes

Hey!!!..…Top of the league! :trophy:

2 Likes

Great start to the season and to Slot’s reign.

3 Likes

Can we say…that was the Slot machine…???

2 Likes

Indeed. I don’t think bringing Konate on made any difference whatsoever. I’m mystified by Arne’s decision to take Quansah off.

1 Like

Me too, but Konate had a good game, so decision was right

1 Like

Only if you want to get hurt.

Badly.

4 Likes

Oki doki…thought it might be a no no

@cynicaloldgit, comments?

Edit: Ha, beat me to it! :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

thought Mo had the better of him in the first half too, to be honest, it just didnt quite happen…

Thought I’d try…:blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Thought we played much better second half. For me Gravenberch and Szoboszlai (both eventually) had their best games for Liverpool. Everyone else pretty ok. Good to see Salah off the mark early.

1 Like

And you were showing signs of promise…

1 Like

Maybe just squad management to get Konate match fit, cause he missed pre season. Same with Robbo imo

2 Likes

If we can play like we did that 2nd half, for 90mins of every (or most) games, we’ll take some stopping.

2 Likes

Szoboszlai also played a much freer role, coming out wide to get on the ball.

Where’s that slacker @Mascot ? :thinking:

5 Likes

Midfield woke up and it makes a massive difference.
Only negative. Shouldve been 5 or 6.
Diaz has zero end product

1 Like

I’ll keep trying…

1 Like