Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

Arne making his way over for a chat.

Signing a Liverpool shirt from a fan in an Ipswich shirt lol.

1 Like

Possible explanation is he wanted to give them both a chance to stake a claim so planned on giving them both a half.

Edit…seeing slots comments now so that isn’t it. But still no big deal. The goal is to win not to make young talented players feel good about themselves

2 Likes

Ooooh so no injury to Quansah, says he was losing too many duels. Interesting. Thought he looked ok first half.

2 Likes

Yes, but to do it at half time sends a message and it’s one that Quansah did not appear to like very much. He looked really pissed off.

3 Likes

Quansah taken off for tactical reasons, confirmed by Slot, in his TNT post match interview

1 Like

Nice moves by Slot at half. Brought on Konate, our best CB on the ball, having come through youth as a striker, before being moved to CB. Pulled Szobo wider, and a bit deeper into the half spaces on Trent’s side, and those three, Trent, Dom, and Ibou controlled the ball, and the match. Most every attack started down that right side.

The move of Szobo gave Macca more room in the middle of the pitch, and Gravenberch was just about everywhere.

Arne showing the same knack Klopp had of tweaking tactics at halftime, and gaining control. Wonderful start Mr. Slot!

4 Likes

They probably have noticed something we haven’t.

He looked okay in the first half to us.

1 Like

“Defence lost too many duels, attack didn’t win enough duels”

Then basically said midfield 2nd half was Busquets Xavi and Iniesta.

Speaks very well, excited for what’s to come.

6 Likes

I assume I’ll have to make sure I don’t miss so many half’s of football. I missed the first :joy:

3 Likes

You didn’t miss much, mate.

2 Likes

Only one I noticed was when he got skinned out wide and then looked very slow to recover, Trent got around to cover.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Be interesting to see who starts alongside Virgil next week.

4 Likes

If the ref was trying to help Ipswich I don’t think their players would have thanked him in those 8 min we could have scored a few more

1 Like

Van den Berg

Horses for courses I expect.

Had to be at least one.

3 Likes

Hey, I love Virg. My favorite player. He can ping a 40 yard pass as perfectly as any who’ve played the game, but dribbling, and ball retention, Konate is better, IMO.

2 Likes

You might want to drop oki doki too :wink:

I think the ref was fine, let enough go and yet wasn’t interested in cynical fouling going unpunished.

1 Like