Pre Match - Ipswich Vs Liverpool (PL 17/8/24) 12:30pm

Pre-game on USA, Arne was asked about Quansah starting over Ibou, and he more or less said it’s because Ibou has only been with the squad a week or two and Quansah has been around for five weeks.

3 Likes

Should have given a second yellow.

1 Like

I find @Wilkored08’s oki doki charming

1 Like

The build up to Jota’s goal was standing ovation worthy!

2 Likes

Ok, I watched at the pub, so missed all your comments, but that bloke (Burns?) who deliberately handballed in the first half was on a yellow, wasn’t he? Shouldn’t that have been a red card?

5 Likes

Yes, defo

2 Likes

I’m sorry but he managed the game well, was fair and didn’t get swayed by the crowd.

We could spend hours dissecting the game but if every other ref was like that the league standard would improve ten fold.

1 Like

Yep.

1 Like

The 2nd was just as good. Perfect ground football. Very easy in Szobo’s position for the assist to overhit that pass, and it was weighted to perfection.

& had Bradley scored near the end after Diaz wriggled round a few defenders and cutely slipped him in, that would’ve been another.

Is it to girly

Too jolly for Cynnie :wink:

4 Likes

Cynnie hates everything that makes him smile.

4 Likes

Job done, three points, onwards and upwards. It went as expected. Iffy to start, passing off, they had a couple of moments, but then we grew in authority after the break and won comfortably in the end. We could have scored a couple more but probably overplayed it a bit at 2-0 up.

My MOTM was Gravenberch.

He played well, received it from the defenders, turned into space, often dropping a shoulder and beating the press, and passing it well. He also got a few tackles in. Definitely something to build on, and this looked like the start of a solution for the side, after missing out on Zubimendi, so I was very pleased to see it.

It also justified the lack of panic in switching to another midfield target (assuming that decision holds) as we have solutions to our midfield needs in the squad already.

I’m still hoping to see a signing or two come in.

Three points, job done. Up the reds!

1 Like

And smiles at everything that makes him hate

1 Like

Grav should have been booked at least twice.

Laws of the game would result in 5 v 5 most weeks as I said he made mistakes but gross errors that changed the game. No.

You’ll be begging for his return when we see Tiernay show up for his first one.

1 Like

So should more of Ipswich team. I think there atleast 3-4 yellow cards missed there.

I think it is relevant that the players conducted themselves in a way that didn’t give the ref that much of a problem to manage. Refs really earn their stripes or show their arse when you have players doing something to purposefully game the situation and there was thankfully very little of that today. Sure he missed that handball, but you can understand him not seeing how deliberate it was from his position and isn’t one VAR can advise him in as just a likely bookable offense.

Do we no longer have a separate post match thread anymore around here? Or is it like our first half rustiness?

Won’t somebody please think of the children!

5 Likes

Only the mods can close a thread.

Simple enough fix is to ensure that the thread creator can close the thread