Pre-match | Leicester City v Liverpool | PL Match Day 19 |Tuesday 28th December 20:00h | King Power Stadium

Which of our lads definitely can not play this one? (asking for a friend).

Missed the previous Leicester game and that turned out fine. Hope this turns out as good as well.

3 Likes

Not if you watch :expressionless:

Oliver is the ref so a comfortable 0-3 win. :+1:

1 Like

Robertson, Phillips, Elliott. Origi also very likely to miss out. And an unknown youngster (who would not have played anyway) tested positive for Covid.

2 Likes

Bloody hell they are all at it!

2 Likes

Very unlikely that Thiago will start, as the last to return to training. Also should be remembered that Fabinho is one yellow away from suspension, so a caution from missing the Chelsea game.

I don’t think the sort of midfield control Fabinho offers is going to particularly necessary versus the side that Leicester will field, so having come off the bench makes good sense.

Fabinho one yellow away from suspension? Then it might be a little risky to start him (considering the recent covid layoff period as well). Our captain is more than capable of doing the job as no. 6. Thiago just returned to training 1-2 days ago, so he is also unlikely to start. Keita is almost a certain starter in midfield, with Ox likely the third midfield starter in case Klopp saves Fabnho for the Chelsea match.

With us having a nearly full squad available and well-rested and the Foxes just the opposite, I cannot see past our victory. The problem is that usually such matches against a wounded opponent turn out to be the most nervy and hard-fought ones.

2 Likes

I think it will be this

Alisson

Trent Matip Virgil Tsimikas

Henderson

Keita Milner

Salah Jota Mane

Firmino on at 60’, Fabinho on 70’, Thiago on 80’

Konate starts at Chelsea to deal with Lukaku. Also fancy Bobby to start that one.

Piss easy, this management lark.

2 Likes

If the ref (its Marriner I think) knows that Fab is one yellow away from a suspension against Chelsea he won’t hesitate to give it to him.

Leicester can be dangerous on the counter and it’s very likely that we have to stop them with some tactical fouls.

1 Like

I don’t see Klopp not playing someone as important as Fabinho, being afraid of a yellow card. This is an important game, it’s not Milan away in the CL when we’re qualified.

1 Like

For some reason, I thought the Chelsea game was sooner - I am inclined to agree with you with Tuesday-Sunday.

Man City beat them well, but they still scored three goals. And we have been a little more leaky at the back than we would like, although it is starting to tighten up now.

All I’m saying is we shouldn’t underestimate them. They are well capable of giving us a few problems.

Mind you, if we play to our level, or even close, we should win well. A little rest will hopefully do wonders for the boys, rather than disrupt our rhythm.

1-4.

Mo brace, Jota, big Virg header.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the yellow cards be reset by Chelsea?

It’s Michael Oliver

Alisson

Trent Matip Virgil Tsimikas

Henderson Morton Keita

Salah Jota Mané

Don’t want to give it the kiss of death, but Michael Oliver is the best ref in the Prem. So many of them just seem incompetent, with a suspicion of worse from a couple - by that I mean bias, or possible corruption. Oliver usually takes charge of the game, lets them play, and calls it fairly, based on the action unfolding in front of him, rather than any preconceived notion of what should be.

The standard of English refereeing is at an all time low, but I’ve no real complaints with Oliver.

1 Like

Nah, I want to win this game tonight. Start Fabinho, start our strongest side. Then we can potentially keep almost the same side for Chelsea. If Fabinho gets a yellow, f*ck it, Hendo plays the #6 against Chelsea. Not like we can’t beat them without him. But first things first, win tonight before thinking about Chelsea.

5 Likes

He was in charge for our 4-0 win at their place a couple of years back so fingers crossed.

1 Like