Pre-match: Leicester v Liverpool, Monday 15th May, 20:00

First and foremost I must stress the want and need to win this game.

Failing that, a draw would feel like a double loss so if we couldn’t get the win would rather see Leicester stay up over Everton & enjoy whatever misery we can satisfy ourselves with, there isn’t an argument to had about this.

A draw secures us Europa Leg and then we can give Milner one last game at home next weekend that to me actually more important than Everton.

Win is what I desire but I couldn’t give a fuck about that bunch of cnuts.

Also, if we win this or, realistically, get at least a point, we secure the Europa League place regardless of other results.

Whilst making the CL is a major financial advantage I want us to have some European Football next season. In terms of team development, the Europa League would allow us to give some of the fringe and younger players valuable experience and would allow the boss to try out new tactics. We are also likely to see some new opponents which is a big plus for me.

Anyway, I want to see 3 points and no excuses.

6 Likes

Ali has something to say to you… :fu:t4:

4 Likes

No big fan of Europa League but we have to settle for that. There will sure as hell be moans though about the unfairness of playing in some backwater of eastern europe on a Thursday night and then playing City or United who played on the Tuesday.

For me, it’s very simple.

Care only about us. Want us to win. If we can’t win, 1 point is better than 0. I’d want us to win any game even if it meant United or Everton winning the title.

As a side note, I would prefer Everton staying up. But objectivelly, if they go down, it’s not going to be undeserved and it’s been coming in last years. Maybe they need that slap.

As for qualification, no Europe at all is the worst scenario. CL ideal, if not then EL, if not then Conference.

8 Likes

Agreed with everything but Everton can go down. Sick of those turds injuring our players at every opportunity.

2 Likes

Must’ve missed the part that season where Everton were in danger of going down.

They’d moan about anything.

Through the grapevine someone has mentioned Leicester are putting a bid in for Son from Spurs…

They want a forward line of Steptoe and Son

I will get my coat on the way out… :0)

2 Likes

A slight worry is Everton and Leeds not winning meaning Leicester know they can get out of bottom 3 with a win. Whether they are up to it is one thing but yes it does give them something to aim for.

I’d rather they think they can win and come at us. It’ll make it easier for us to score.

1 Like

A decent win to help goal difference would be nice.

3 Likes

Thing is what’s been stopping them the last few weeks?

We really need a win tonight. I hope Leicester don’t turn up and we do.

2 Likes

Post 1 of this thread. If we turn up and play we’ll twat them.

The only thing that will hurt us is if the King Power is up and Leicester decide to play like a team of good players who really shouldn’t be in a relegation scrap. The can move out of the bottom three tonight with a win, and that should motivate them.

I’ll say what I always say. If we can’t get the early goal it’s absolutely fine to be 0-0 on 30mins. Quiet the crowd down and pick them off.

1 Like

We win our last three games and we will make the CL. I have no faith in Man Utd or Newcastle to see this out.

3 Likes

Get an early goal, take the wind out the place, watch their players slowly resign themselves to their inevitable fate.

Do not concede first and give them hope. All will be fine if we can swerve that all too common an occurrence this season.

Pace, intensity, pressing and compactness. Give the crowd nothing to get behind.

1 Like

It’s a very very long shot though, surely? We need them to drop points in two games and not just one, in three remaining games. And if that’s Newcastle, we need to really gain some goal difference.

We at least have two chances in both NCU and MU, but still we should be thinking on the terms of ‘do everything on our side and see what happens’. It’s possible.

Last time we went to Leicester should be a huge warning. One of the games which cost us the title.

We beat them a few days earlier in the League Cup at Anfield.

They had players out injured. Got trashed by City (I think) and we had more days to prepare/recover.

We lost 1-0 and Salah missed an early pen.