Pre-match: Leicester v Liverpool, Monday 15th May, 20:00

Vardy is 36 and has 3 goals in 34 league games this season.

The idea of changing our system because of that threat would be unbelievably negative. Brentford set up to hit us on the counter attack with much better forwards and had little success.

Leicester are a side devoid of confidence and they can’t defend. Same system, pressure from the front, dominate the game.

4 Likes

Brentford is mostly about setpieces and bullying defenders, Leicester on the other hand is more quick counters, remember they put 4 past spurs and kept arsenal very quiet also only losing 1-0

you say that like it is some sort of achievement - it is spurs remember :wink:

Brentford hit teams on the counter as well, that’s what Mbuemo is there for.

Leicester probably will get a couple of counter attacks against us, that shouldn’t be enough for them to win the game.

Besides, Trent has defended the right back position better in his inverted role than he did previously.

1 Like

Problem with that is they kept Arsenal quiet but didn’t score any of their quick counters.

Arsenal defence is tighter than ours and don’t keep such a high line.

Smash them. The Bitters are still shit regardless

2 Likes

The main issue is how we go about our business. We have had plenty of dross this season. If we go back to that, we might come unstuck, especially as Leicester are fighting for their Premier League lives.

If we play to our level, or even close, then we should win it comfortably.

With six wins on the bounce we are back in the top four conversation, or at least on the edge of it. Finishing the season with nine wins is entirely possible. The flip side of that is the law of averages, which suggests that we might lay an egg at some point in there.

But here is hoping. We apply ourselves, hit our level, and just keep winning.

It’s all we can do from this point on. Then what will be will be. Ideally fourth at the expense of Man Utd, but we will see.

1 Like

Tenner on Allison to score first goal…

1 Like

We’ve laid countless eggs this season, side this good probably shouldn’t só I’ll go with that.

As you say turn up poorly then we will slip up, turn up professionally I feel we will be too good.

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen a study, which suggests that at least for sports, there are a lot more runs than people would imagine. Probably to do with form and the like, unexplainable constructs that serve as placeholders until we have a better understanding of what they are, that helps individuals/teams perform at levels better than expected with a regression to the mean.

1 Like

I love it. There’s a lot to be said for momentum. Hopefully we finish the season with nine on the spin, and we will see if that was enough to pip Man Utd.

The problem with what we’ve served up this season, for the most part, is that is lingers in the mind, so I’m still not in the place of fully expecting the side to do it! But we are going well right now, no denying that.

3 Likes

Love the

“And Naby, No”

He has played his last game for us, hopefully Firmino is close to be able to have some mins against Villa.

1 Like

We are going to be the Guinea pig?

2 Likes

Mic up the ref, anybody swears at him (they’re all men) or argues gets a straight red. Sir.

1 Like

Just wondering what happened following Klopp’s last bust up. Wasn’t a suspension in the offing. It seemed to go quite when Klopp disclosed what the referee said to him. Now this.

I wonder if something has been going on in the background?

3 Likes

We have a match tonight.
Must win to keep pressure on Top 4.
Must win by a few goals to close on Newcastles GD and hope Brighton beat them.

Forget Everton going down.

The CL is still alive, this is a huge game for Liverpool.

5 Likes

Everton are fucked anyway, relegation or not. Don’t worry about them.

5 Likes

Must win to keep top 4 chances alive, if we’re in last min of stoppage time and it’s still a draw…just score an OG.

Are you actually serious.

More worried about Everton going down than keeping fragments of hope alive.

I think you are bored and are throwing out wild stuff to get arguments going.