Pre Match: Liverpool v. Everton, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 24 April 2022 (Premier League)

3 points, no injuries, all I ask. And no whining please.

9 Likes

Alisson
Trent Matip VvD Robertson
Keita Henderson Thiago
Salah Jota Mané

Expecting Konate and Tsimikas to start vs Villarreal.

2 Likes

I’m expecting Konate to start to put manners on big nose :nose:

3 Likes

Is it even worth saying for this fucking shower?

Yeah, it is.

Smash them, they’re shit.

21 Likes

Reproduce the form from the last two games and we’ll destroy Everton.

9 Likes

Hope the lads don’t forget their shin pads for this one! I’d feel less queasy if that vindictive slime didn’t need the points.

8 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

36-0!

3 Likes

Strong ref please, stronger VAR ref pretty please.

4 Likes

Watched the lowest quality game when Burnley beat Everton. I’m glad it’s Anfield at least.

A win and no injuries, doubt the team will change much, we’ve also got a day on them.

2 Likes

Oh great Attwell again :roll_eyes:

Referee: Stuart Attwell (pictured). Assistants: Lee Betts, Timothy Wood. Fourth official: Jonathan Moss. VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan

I think the die is cast for the remaining games, strong seven or eight positions a wriggle room on three or four.
Konate/Matip
Hendo/Keita
Diaz/Jota…

Maybe slight tweaks in other games.
We have to compete in this, so strongest team available…

But you have to wonder if Klopp is thinking sbout the thuggery of last season and if he needs to protect the likes of Thiago?
A bit of clever talk at the press conference should put Atwell on the spot, not playing victim but pointing out how last season was potentially destroyed in a match, and the apology afterwards wasn’t going to make a difference.

4 Likes

Shuffle the pack and go again. I think Klopp will have half a mind on Villarreal so I’d expect to see a Hendo/Keita midfield. I’d see this as potentially an opportunity to rest Robbo and/or Trent. As ever, the worry is whether Everton will try to kick us off the park again.

1 Like

Listening to Scholes post match last night. He did make a valid point about United not getting anyone close to Thiago with some physicality to put him off his game. No problem with that, Liverpool/United are supposed to be blood and thunder. I don’t think the Ev are going to let him go without a straightener somewhere in there and we don’t need him to slap the shit out of them.

He’s hitting top form now and we can all see just what a majestic player he is and it’s bang at the right time of the season. If he’s controlling every game he plays like the last few then we have a fantastic opportunity to win the lot. I wouldn’t risk that for the Bitters to be honest. Fab, Hendo, Keita with the other squad options will be plenty to see them off.

5 Likes

I don’t want too many changes, but maybe this guy in for a start and give some of the legs a rest.

Football Grinning GIF by Liverpool FC

4 Likes

Origi to start. Its the bitters afterall

5 Likes

Think we might rather rotate a few positions here than against Villarreal. Makes sense also with our selection last night.

1 Like

Everton have a game tonight.

Our game is on Sunday after we played yesterday. That’s enough rest.

There won’t be much time between Everton and CL so I suggest more changes for CL with the possibility to bring in 5 subs.

3 Likes

Be warned, the Bitters will kick our players more than they will kick the ball. :rage:

2 Likes

Cannot be as bad as Hannibal Lecter the card collector from Diversity…last night…

6 Likes