Pre Match: Liverpool v. Everton, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 24 April 2022 (Premier League)

I imagine they will be much quicker with the dirty fouls than United were last night. At least they waited until the game was nearly over, Everton will be at it as soon as we score (so from about 10 minutes). Hope the ref is much tougher on them than was against ManU. They could easily have had someone sent off (again).

2 Likes

I think Jurgen will rest a few for this, and show Everton his customary disrespect.

Alisson
Trent Konate Gomez Robbo
Fabinho
Keita Jones
Salah Firmino Jota

Would not be surprised to see Origi start.

2 Likes

Tsimikas for Andy surely.

2 Likes

Yeah this lineup looks likely, with Diaz on at some point. I doubt Klopp will risk Thiago with these piranhas

2 Likes

Iā€™d play Robbo in case it gets physical. Tsimikas could be good for the Villarreal game.

4 Likes

Same

1 Like

I think Millie would be a good addition as well. Just that, Iā€™m going to kill you lookā€™ that even scares refs could come in handy.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be resting Robbo for Everton. Donā€™t see the point. He was excellent last night and had it not been for the Thiago masterclass could have been a MoM shout. When does Trent get a rest? Heā€™s so crucial to us but he canā€™t play every game. He was one of a few who looked a bit knackered last night second half. This might be one where Gomez could be trusted.

This will be a harder game than United, which wouldnā€™t be difficult but although Everton are poor I think theyā€™ll put up more of a fight, maybe literally. I was 100% certain weā€™d beat United and beat them well. Think Iā€™m only about 99% certain on this one. Less certain weā€™ll get away without any injuries.

7 Likes

Agree. Millyā€™s own black-arts would be a deterrent for their snide fouls.

Agree, Robertson has the attitude to intimidate those Bitters.

I think there will be 3-4 changes and Konate, Keita, and Jota would start.

3 Likes

Sorry but if Milner is starting any of our games something is wrong.

I like what we are doing with having Keita or Henderson pressing like a maniac on the right creating overloads whilst Thiago/Fab really sit like a double pivot and mop up, expending much less energy.

Means Thiago and Fabinho can manage their minutes and we rotate Keita/Hendo.

I donā€™t see us doing much rotation bar giving rests to any players showing signs of fatigue or sitting just below the ā€œred zoneā€.

3 Likes

Only one is rotate in to start is Jones at this point, bar Firmino who was injured, that bench last night should be the ones we use until the end of the season. There is enough rotation in it.

I donā€™t see Gomez starting on CB. More likely that Trent is given a rest and Gomez slots in at RB. Tsimikas for Robbo wonā€™t be a drop off at LB.

The midfield as you said would likely be Fab/Keita/Jones

Salah Origi Jota in the forward line with Mane/Diaz/Bobby in the subs.

1 Like

DCL been ruled out of Sundayā€™s gameā€¦ means big nose will be leading their line

2 Likes

KonatƩ will eat him alive

4 Likes

Why, does he have a prior modelling engagement?

3 Likes

5 minutes in, Bitters already behind. :joy:

2 Likes

Itā€™s Attwell, the bloke who saw nothing wrong with the assaults on Hendo at West Ham and Diaz at Brighton. Heā€™s a cheat.

sorry if this post offends anybody on here. If it does be sure to flag it and have it removed

5 Likes

Sense that Jota might be good for this game. Less of a need to be so involved in all phases like against some other opponents.

Exploit Evertonā€™s cracks at the back, attack their defenders from all sides, twist, turn, finish.

2 Likes

Haha @Quicksand

Heā€™s talking to you.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not certain but, if we beat the Ev on Sunday I think it will be only the second time in our history ttat we beat both Manure and the Ev home and away in the same season. I remember it being mentioned during Ged Houllierā€™s tenure when we did it for the first time. I donā€™t remember us doing it since?

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

7 Likes