Pre Match: Liverpool v. Everton, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 24 April 2022 (Premier League)

Should win this. Apart from the 3 points, we cannot afford any injuries. I’d even rest Thiago, can’t risk him.

Ali
Trent
Matip
Virg/Konate
Kostas
Naby
Hendo
Jones
Jota
Mane
Diaz

Rest Virg, Rest Mo, Rest Fabinho, Thiago. Maybe even Trent.

Need to win though especially against these so I’ll imagine the boss will go strong. I think Hendo has lost his place for the big games so I imagine he will play all remaining league games and rest the boys for the finals and semi finals to come

2 Likes

I really dislike how you type out your teams, it reminds me of Manures defensive system. :rofl:

5 Likes

They have a defensive system?

5 Likes

The effort to put them into formation :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Really want Klopp to come out and give it the big ‘last season these guys got away with murder and for the integrity of the sport it is essential that this game is reffed properly. That refs have to punish any reckless fouls by Everton’. We need to start putting refs under pressure and if the team aren’t built to do that on the pitch them we should start off the pitch at pressers just like Ferguson used to do so effectively.

7 Likes

Ha ha
He really isn’t

1 Like

We will probably be 4 points behind City when this is played, with goal difference heading towards even.
So a must win (like all games maybe!)
When City hammer Watfird an increase in pressure will be on Liverpool, but I am sure that scenario is already played out in Klopps mind.
Massive game.

I don’t realistically expect City to drop points but they might. We just need to win all our games. That’s all we can do.

3 Likes

I think we will rotate a little.

Alisson
Trent Konate vDijk Tsimikas
Henderson Fabinho Jones
Salah Firmino Jota

From left to right would be fine in English. :wink:

1 Like

Absolutely gutted.
I only got ‘36’ in the ‘How many times Eagle-Beak will throw himself to the floor’ sweep

2 Likes

Robbo confirmed to start :grin:

3 Likes

Reading that, I thought that it must be a Premier League only stat, so I went to LFC History and looked up all our results.

Incredibly, we never completed the “double double” in the old First Division. In fact, our overall record against both sides was surprisingly poor- goes to show that Everton haven’t always been shite.

The only previous “double double” was in the 2000/01 season. Against Man U, a trademark Danny Murphy free kick gave us a 1-0 win at the Toilet, while Stevie and God scored in a comfortable 2-0 at Anfield.

The Bitters were battered 3-1 at Anfield, courtesy of goals from Barmby (remember him?), Heskey and Paddy Berger, with a penalty. Our 3-2 win at Woodison was set up by goals from Heskey and Babbel and immortalised by Gary McAllister’s late, long-range free kick.

11 Likes

I wonder where Frank’s compo will sit amongst Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Ancelotti and Rafa.

1 Like

Why did Ancelotti get compensation? I thought he resigned.

You’re right. They recouped some cash from Carlo.

I noticed that Burnley got a result. If we were to smash a few past Everton that would be their goal difference advantage gone as well. I wonder if that would affect Lampard’s thinking - just defend come what may? Does Lampard think much for that matter?

1 Like

Another link to that 2000-01 season, didn’t someone point out we will play the exact number of games we played that season if we were to go to the final.

Cup treble is on :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah; we played 63 that season and we’re currently on 53 with ten more to go if we beat Villarreal.

Interestingly, we’ve already won more games than we did that entire season: 39-38, with those nine (hopefully, ten) games still to go.

6 Likes

At the best of times they try to kick us to even it out a bit. Now they are also fighting for their Prem lives, and would love to harm our run in, and Fat Frank has a mouth on him too, trying to mix it with Jurgen the no mark…

So a few ingredients are there for a potential banana skin, but we would have to be way below par for them to have a chance.

I would play Konate to put a straightener on the platinum blonde.
I would rest Thiago. He is a footballer, and there won’t be too much football being played in this one.

I think we will win well, but I do expect a couple of tackles. Hopefully no injuries as we collect three points and move on.

Oh, and come on Watford. A winner by Sarr would be nice.

6 Likes