Pre Match: Liverpool v. Everton, 1630 BST (UTC +1), Sunday 24 April 2022 (Premier League)

yes, but Frank don’t do defending…

2 Likes

This is another game where three points (and no injuries) will be the priority. But I have more riding on this game and I want more than just the three points, I want a demolition. I used to be rather graceful towards our city rivals, but certain things in the last couple of seasons have soured (not bitter, no, that’s their prerogative) my mood towards them.

The thuggish fouls on VVD and Thiago, the unfair win at Anfield, and finally, their uncouth treatment of Rafa is making me desire more from this game. I want a victory that will numb them. Come on you mighty Reds; raise hell, raise hell.

9 Likes

Love it, Robbo looks ready and set to go, who’s the poor sod up against him? :joy:

4 Likes

In a perfect world, we would put the word ‘uncouth’ in a chant directed at them.

Even my Everton-supporting mate is advocating that we play our “B” team to avoid injuries. He reckons our backup players (Gomez, Milner, Minamino, Origi, etc) would still be good enough to beat them tomorrow.

1 Like

Unfortuneately I feel too many would need subbing off too early, they just haven’t played enough to go 90 minutes against those thugs. Millie is a bit old (still think he should start as that’s only 1 sub, we are going to need an enforcer as this could be more like a rugby match than a football match.

1 Like

If only we could trust the referees and VAR to do their jobs properly.

I share the worry that a thuggish challenge will cost us, even against an Everton team managed by Lampard? Even when robust tackling was allowed in the game the injuries to VVD and Thiago were of such a venomous nature that it should have been a benchmark in the modern game that we simply cannot allow this. The apology or acknowledgement by Oliver, although welcome was way too fucking late.

All that said, the idea of playing Milner or Origi is so flawed that it doesn’t stand up. With due respect to both but they are not the players that have us in our current position.

Klopp alluded to fairness in the press conference yesterday, so hopefully the proper protection is afforded to our players.
Its nervy enough about winning the points without the Richarlison thuggery in the back of our minds as well.

2 Likes

Got a feeling Anthony Gordon will attempt to make a name for himself tomorrow…
Once the first bad tackle has gone in the whole of the Liverpool team should get into the face of the referee…

5 Likes

He is a snide little fuck. Thinking Robbo may have a bit to put on him.

3 Likes

I agree (for this particular game) but we don’t really behave like that.
Lampard’s favourite word during his pre-match was ‘fight’…

2 Likes

What else is going to talk about? Skill? Tactics? Class?

1 Like

Full strength for these twats, no messing about. Worry about Villareal later on. It’s an opportunity to help send these cunts where they should have been years ago.
Don’t expect any protection from Attwell though, he’s a cheat.

8 Likes

One good thing about them being so close to the bottom 3 is, with not many matches left, they can’t afford any red cards. I just hope it might reign in their thuggish tendencies, but doubt it will.

3 Likes

Looking forward to hearing a bit of “duh duh duh duh, frank’s a tory”. A similar atmosphere to the United game is a must.

We need to be putting these away with minimum fuss.

I’d start Ibra and Jots this time around. Other than that, same team.

3 Likes

Dunno why we are picking teams to suit them, isn’t that playing into their hands.

Crowd need to be on them and the ref make it unbearable, glad it’s Anfield.

3 Likes

To avoid injuries we should pass the ball quick enough, me thinks.
Thus let the ball do the work.

Richarlison is a bit obsessed with Virgil, I hope Konate rattles him early on just to let him know we got two monsters in front of Alisson.

5 Likes

Just want this over. Three points zero injuries.

7 Likes

If Burnley pick up a solitary point or more earlier in the day…
The Blueshite will be in one of the relegation places come kick-off… :0)

1 Like

Come on Burnley

2 Likes