Pre Match: Liverpool v. Leicester City, 1945 UTC, Thursday 10 February 2022

TAA Matip, VVD and Robbo
Elliot, Fabinho and Thiago
Salah, Jota and Diaz.

Salah will train on Tuesday and Wednesday and beg the boss to play him.

2 Likes

Think if Jurgen leaves Sadio out he will leave MO out also…
He knows what a media circus it will start if one seems favoured over the other…
None or both on the bench for me…
Bring them both on to accept the applause for efforts in AFCON

1 Like

Will be very interesting to see who starts on the right side of attack if Mo is still not here (or is here but have him on the bench) and Ox is obviously out.

Will probably just about be Taki, but it’s not a great option for a higher calibre game. Could be too soon to start Elliott in that right half space. Could be Jota with possibly Diaz from the start, but I think we’ll keep Jota on the left side. And Diaz basically never played on the right yet, we’ll see with time if he’s even an option for some other position other than the left side of attack.

The rest is pretty much easy to predict and I feel it will be Jones at LCM ahead of other options. Too soon for Thiago to start, Milner will remain on the bench and Jones’ had more games than Keita lately.

I can’t see either Mo or Sadio starting against Leicester. Neither played particularly well in the AFCON final, Mo hardly touched the ball after half time and Sadio was continuously fouled. They looked like they both need some recovery time, particularly Mo. I don’t expect them to be in the squad on Thursday.

3 Likes

Tell him he’s not starting. I dare you.

3 Likes

I don’t think Salah should be in the squad on Thursday after playing 120 mins in each of his last four AFCON games over 11 days. As for Sadio, Klopp specifically said the player from the winning team would return few days later as he would going to home for celebrations.

There’s lots of games and we have to manage the squad. What’s the use of having some options if we are going to fall back on the regulars.

Could be that we opt for resting them completely against Leicester, bring them back in the squad in some capacity against Burnley and have them starting against Inter. If they can do it sooner, great.

4 Likes

Imagine Jürgen doing that to someone and then bringing them on at half-time with a full head of steam…

1 Like

Need to smash these. They are shit.

4 Likes

Ali
Trent Joel Virg Robbo
Harvey Fab Thiago
Dio Bobby Diazzler

I doubt we’ll start Harvey or Thiago after their long lay offs, but it would be cool.

1 Like

I think we will start with

Fabinho
Henderson Keita

And Thiago/Elliott/Curtis will come in as substitute. Also, I think Tsimikas should start, he hasn’t done anything to suggest otherwise.

2 Likes

Read Rodger’s attack on his own players. I won’t be surprised if he lost half his squad there.

Leicester team news by WhoScored:

• Brendan Rodgers warned some of Leicester’s players are fighting for their futures at the club after they were thrashed 4-1 by Championship side Nottingham Forest on Sunday.
  • Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho and Daniel Amartey are all back from the Africa Cup of Nations. Nampalys Mendy is expected to sit this one out after his involvement in Sunday’s final with Senegal.
  • Ricardo Pereira returned from a broken leg in Sunday’s shock 4-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest.
  • Leicester look awful defensively but it’s hard to see that changing anytime soon with Jonny Evans and Wesley Fofana still unavailable for the Foxes.
1 Like
10 Likes

No wonder, he just wants to go back to a happy place and continue banging goals.

But of course, hopefully they see how he is and judge if he can play/start on Thursday.

Maybe we’ll have to manage a little bit here and there to compensate for them not having that little break which other players had.

1 Like

Yip, you don’t become best player in the world by sitting on the sidelines feeling sorry for yourself. He is only 6 ahead of Jota in scoring table.

Hard to know what side Jurgen will pick, but I’m glad we have some options.

Rest Salah and Mane? Doubt we will go that far, but perhaps only half a game each? I’d like to see Diaz for half a game too, as he feels his way in.

It’s hard to know what to make of Leicester. Tough opponent who could beat us if we don’t perform, like on Boxing Day? Or a team that is going through a tough spell, with question marks over the unity between manager and players?

If we do our job it shouldn’t matter. I hope we play with a bit of zip and get into them.

4-1 to the mighty reds.

Diaz opens his account.
Mo gets his customary goal.
Jota too.
And Virgil Van Dijk. Lovely header against Palace. He’s got the taste for it now.

1 Like

I think we’ll absolutely set about them, and not let off until we’re four to the good. 4 - 1.

2 Likes

Alisson Trent Matip Virgil Robbo Hendo Thiago Naby Elliott Diaz Jota

Assuming Fab Ox and Div still unavailable.

2 Likes

Be good to have him as an option from the bench.

1 Like