Pre Match: Liverpool v. Leicester City, 2000 UTC, Friday 30 December 2022 (Premier League)

@PeachesEnRegalia

Where the fuck are you man, this is your line.

Klopp did his presser earlier;

• Ibou back in training and in contention

• Roberto Firmino, Curtis Jones and James Milner ā€“ will not be back.

• Cody Gakpo is not eligible ā€“ the Dutch forward will officially become a Reds player at the start of the January transfer window

• Long-term absentees Luis Diaz, Diogo Jota and Arthur Melo remain sidelined.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s up with Curtis now ? Is it just bad luck or is there some underlying reason why once he gets fit he canā€™t seem to stay fit for more than a couple of weeks ?

He has a tendency of picking up some annoying small injuries lately. Heā€™s got quite a stature for the type of player he is, so I hope he can get rid of it with time, build a frame to be available for longer periods. Not meaning he needs to bulk up, but just go through this. Some players have issues in their first few years and then itā€™s better later.

3 Likes

Agree with this. Naby was excellent. What a shame he canā€™t stay fit. Hopefully can play a big part in the second half of the season. FA cup and Champions league double it is then.

I really rate Curtis Jones, so hoping he can overcome these niggly injuries. How frustrated must he be?

Wish Bobby would be playing.

I am sure heā€˜d be extra motivated to pay tribute to PelĆ©.

Fabinho and Alisson step up.

Fabinho needs to step up regardless of off field events.

He was better than Thiago and Hendo vs Villa imo.

His first half was decent to be fair.

1 Like

Who was? Fab??

Youā€™re wrong. Like most of the time.

Most papers rated the three with a 7. Some gave Thiago only 6.

Klopp took Hendo and Thiago off. Fab played the full 90.

You still owe me an apology for that game btw GR.

Oh and looking back now at the polling for top 3 in the post match, Hendo got 21% of TANs votesā€¦Fab gotā€¦.3%

8-0

Thatā€™s good. I was going on pre WC form.

Get ready for a Ward masterclass performanceā€¦ :neutral_face:

Thiago probably but not Henderson. He was excellent up until he was taken off and played some lovely through balls.

Klopp said he was proper ill going into the game which is why he was subbed.

4 Likes

Hendo was excellent. Klopp said he was took off as he had this flu virus going around and his energy levels dropped off a cliff second half.

4 Likes

Thinking thereā€™s a Darwin double and a Salah special coming up tonight!

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Big scoreline for the boys tonight me thinksā€¦ 6-0

I too am feeling we will see a big win for us under the Anfield lights tonight.

1 Like