PRE MATCH: Liverpool v Leicester City (EPL - Sunday, 22 November at 7:15pm)

Just crushed the Jenn Sherman Peloton 45 minute classic rock ride. Now being the self-centered types that you are, you may ask why that is a life changer for you?

Well, circa minute 23: Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill. You should have seen me. We’re gonna win the league. And the guy who started this thread won’t even matter.

3 Likes
Alisson
Milner Matip Fabinho Robertson
Keita Henderson Wijnaldum
Mané Firmino Jota

Impact subs Thiago and Shaq

3 Likes

I would rest Robertson and Henderson. They have been stretched already and there’s a very congested schedule coming up.

Think we will be surprisingly strong on Sunday.

Hendo and Robbo are applying those dark arts to ensure they are fit. Not worried about them. Gini is the more worrying one.

RB - Milner, CB Phillips. Jota up top for Salah.

Don’t expect Thiago or Fab to be ready, but might be surprised.

2 Likes

Gini? Is he injured?

1 Like

No - my concern is that he’s not had much rest, and played parts in both the Netherlands games this international window, and will likely captain them against Poland today. Of course, I’m no doctor.

3 Likes

If Fabinho can’t play, I don’t fancy Nat’s chances against Vardy. I’d go Phillips.

1 Like

Two weeks ago Thiago was close according to Klopp on a presser. Now he still isn’t training with the group, must have had a setback.

1 Like

I think we’ll be much stronger than people are suggesting too. I’ve not heard anything about Thiago or Fabinho yet but they must be close. This now being a Sunday night game will really help us and all the lads on international duty now have a bonus 24 hours rest. The team against Atalanta will be much weaker but we don’t need to win that one.

5 Likes

Rhys Williams has withdrawn from U21 squad. Apparently he has a ‘hip issue’.

1 Like

I thought Nat was Phillips :confused:

8 Likes

I think Rhys is the better option against Vardy. I wouldn’t play Williams :stuck_out_tongue:

It depends on who’s fit so not even going to think about a potential line up at this stage. The one positive is that if it’s this difficult for Klopp to know who to go with it’s going to be impossible for Rodgers. Whereas Leicester will be far more predictable.

Trying to look for the positives!

2 Likes

Apparently “a very minor stiff hip”. His withdrawal is a precautionary measure:

2 Likes

Looks like there might have been a change of heart regarding coote:

11 Likes

We could have Vardy (but also Barnes and/or Maddison) attacking the channel in between Milner and Nat Phillips. Though it will be interesting to see if Matip, when paired with a kid (though Nat isn’t a kid, but is inexperienced), plays LCB. Which would be the first time since he’s at the club. This will be a proper test for us at the back.

1 Like

Yep a test forsure.

Just as well we provide a stiffer test for their back 4 and keeper.

Midfield will be key for this game, and provided our players are fit, most of the combos we have are better than theirs.

1 Like

Alisson
Williams Matip Phillips Tsimikas
Milner Wijnaldum Keita
Mane Firmino Jota

I hope either Fabinho or Thiago is available. Wijnaldum has played three games in 9 days. Also, prefer Shaqiri over Firmino since the later would be returning from a trans Atlantic schedule.

A bit sad that there was no Thiago in training yesterday. Hope he’s back in the next days or we’ll have to wait for an update from Klopp on Friday.

Hoped that he had an uninterrupted period of training sessions in a row so we can finally introduce him back in the team.

1 Like

I’m starting to forget what Thiago looks like. But that could be due to my age.

3 Likes