PRE MATCH: Liverpool v Leicester City (EPL - Sunday, 22 November at 7:15pm)

Fuck. When I said lock him in the cupboard, I didn’t mean that cupboard.

1 Like

I’d still have Ali in goal and then the Milners x 10.

1 Like

27 Likes

I’d be careful who to play on the right side of our team against Leicester’s left.

They have their best offensive players playing in that left inside channel. Be it Maddison, Barnes, Vardy, a few of them, or all of them. They are fresh after not playing any internationals.

Though we’ll see who plays LWB for them, the versatile Justin or the young Thomas. Castagne and Pereira are also scheduled to be back for us, but we’ll see.

Still hoping that Robbo and Hendo can play. Recent events with them two still mean nothing official, wouldn’t say they’re ruled out.

Also hoping that Thiago is finally ready to step in the team after a good while of uninterrupted training.

We need him and we could also do with Gini shifting from LCM to RCM (be it in a single or double pivot midfield, whatever).

Question is also who plays RCB, Vardy will be looking to run in behind that channel all day.

We might have to shift Gini to RCM, maybe Mane to the right side. Although with Salah out, there might be an argument to keep Mane in his best position. We did something interesting and unusual against Leicester at home last season, starting Bobby off the left, Mane on the right and Salah up top. Totally different context of course, Leicester played 4 at the back, had Chilwell, Mane was absolutely brilliant that day. But just goes to prove how we still have to be careful in some games.

We also have to think offensively, one of Leicester’s sides might be an opportunity for us.

Very, very interesting game. We remain the better side of course, but potentially tricky for us as our right side is weak now and their main strength operates in that zone.

4 Likes

Vardy would destroy that back four.
Matip at the very least needs to be there

2 Likes

Hat-trick for Jota.

3 Likes

I assumed by default that if 9-10 guys are injured, then Matip must be obviously one of them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Is he really alive fit and uninfected??? That must be a miracle. Is it Christmas already?

5 Likes

Got a feeling Bodgers will be chomping at the bit to wreck our undefeated home record. In part for the stick he took from the LFC fans toward the end of his tenure here… We shouldn’t be surprised if he takes a leaf out of Everton MMA FC guide book and plays that snide Choudrey from the outset to ruffle the feathers of our boys… in particular, Thiago if he plays…
Would be a real shame if a defeat occurs on the watch of SBYM as it is his first pre-match post.
Eeeeeek!
Enough of this defeatist talk though… The walking wounded that is LFC at the moment will still be too strong… 2-0 home win for the boys me thinks…

1 Like

Would love to see that line-up.

Even decimated by injuries and abscences , the fact that we can still field an XI as strong as that , is testament to the work that Klopp and the board have done in overhauling the squad.

(Just one thing , I’d be equally happy to give Neco a start in place of Milly.)

1 Like

Scotland Boss confirms he has a fully fit squad,so Robertson is ok atm,hopefully he comes away from the internaional break ready to play some part in this game on sunday.

2 Likes

Think Neco will get the Brighton game. I think Leicester might be tough, especially as most their potency comes down his side.

2 Likes

Absolute scandal if he plays that.

4 Likes

Somebody told me the other day that the Scotland manager is a sensible guy not interested in his CV. Well if he plays Robertson I have another word for him than sensible.

4 Likes

Allison
Milner Fab Matip Robbo
Thiago
Hendo. Keita
Jota. Bobby. Mane.

3 Likes

More likely the Atalanta game for Neco. We don’t have that much pressure in the CL After the three wins.

Allison
Milner Fab Matip Robbo
Thiago
Wijnaldum Keita
Shaqiri Jota Mane

Just looked at the Kirkby photo’s but still no Thiago or Fabinho in training not even in the gym, at least Ox is in the gym. :roll_eyes:

That’s fucking grim. I was counting on both of them starting but if that’s the case I doubt either will play. Looks like Phillips and Matip at CB and Gini, Keita and Jones in midfield.
Looking further ahead I can see us more or less forfeiting the Atalanta game.

1 Like

got tremendous faith in the younger lads and not worried in the slightest with regards to the foxes. 3 points on the way.
the late kick off does us a favour also.

2-1 if they park the bus but if they come out to play 3-0

2 Likes

I think the teamsheet is going to look more like a league cup lineup than one for the premier league. It will be very interesting to see how Klopp handles this particular challenge.

1 Like