Pre Match: Liverpool v. Manchester United, 2000 BST (UTC +1), Tuesday 19 April 2022 (Premier League)

Regardless of refs and officials, if you can’t beat this lot then you dont deserve a title.

10 Likes

Three points the main thing. Every game now has so much riding on it.

Man Utd are a poor side this season. We have every right to be confident. However… they would love nothing better than to damage our run at quadruple immortality. And they also have a shot at top four themselves, since every other bugger within spitting distance is shitting the bed.

They are not a team but they do possess some good individual players who, on the day, can cause problems. Hopefully we are professional and clinical, and will have them chasing shadows with the game well won with more than half an hour remaining.

Not sure on what team should play. We continually assess it as we go, and we have some cracking options all over the park. I agree with the shout that Fabinho, Thiago and Keita is starting to look like our best midfield though.

3 Likes

Absolutely, and we would love to prevent them from getting into the CL next year. The focus is 3 points, everything else that comes with it is a bonus.

4 Likes

Ali
Trent
Matip
VVD
Robbo
Fab
Thiago
Hendo
Diaz
Mane
Jota

I’d be tempted to have Mo on the bench as a hungry option for second half you know. I’d rest Ibra and bring him to bully Richarlison and co at the weekend.

2 Likes

Mo needs a goal so what better team to play the only problem is McGuire will get the final touch and it will go down as a OG. :grinning:

3 Likes

Tsimi for this one
Robbo for the shithousery v Everton

8 Likes

True….but again then please! The others are finding the back of the net and not Mo at the moment. I want Mo angry for the run in.

1 Like

1 Like

The German phrase that comes to mind is ‘decorating yourself with others’ feathers’. He’s been waiting for this moment for months. It’s not even a distortion to point out how many of our players were ex- Red Bull and Schalke (Matip). The thing is Ralf, you’re in charge of Man United’s scouting department not Liverpool’s.

8 Likes

And just when we needed it least…

1 Like

United and Brighton will be tougher opponents than they were earlier in the season.
So 4-0 to us and City draw.

7 Likes

Ali
Trent Matip VVD Tsimikas
Henderson Fab Jones
Salah Bobby Jota

What’s weird is that after typing that lineup and reading it back I realized that, even though I had thought I typed Jones, I saw that I had subconsciously wrote Keïta.

Thiago, Naby and Diaz have had a lot of minutes over the past two games so are the natural choices to sit out. The first two critically always have a lot of niggly injuries so must have a rest here.

Elliott would be a nice addition for this given his more natural attacking style of play over Jones, which we need in a midfield 3 featuring Hendo and Fab, but I don’t think he’s seen a minute since the flare incident in the cup final, though has made the bench a few times.

Elliott against Everton might be an idea :wink:

Probably start Jones there actually.

1 Like

Success has many fathers.

If Rangnick can’t get a tune out of his own players at Man Utd, he might as well claim some sort of credit for Liverpool’s success.

It reminds me of Houllier, claiming some sort of credit for Rafa’s 2005 CL win, when he said he did it with my players, or something like that. Mind you, Houllier was our manager and even if what he said was a little fanciful, he had more of a basis to speak than old Ralphie.

2 Likes

Thoughts with Ronaldo and his family. RIP little boy.

15 Likes

With Ronaldo out and Rangnick also confirmed that Cavani, Fred, McTominay, Shaw and Varane are not available.

Their starting11 picks itself.

DdG
Dalot Maguire Lindelöf Telles
Fernándes Matic Pogba
Elanga Rashford Sancho

Bailly, Wan-Bissaka, Mata and Lingard their options from bench.

Hope with stay professional.

According to the guardian, it isn’t confirmed Ronaldo won’t play - although I’d be surprised if he did.

2 Likes

I mean for fuck’s sake. Even if he wants to play, the team need to tell him to take the time to be with his family.

6 Likes

Na fuck off.

No way Ronaldo plays. He will be all over the place and even if he thinks he wants to play the club should make the decision for him.

RIP and YNWA.

5 Likes

That’s unnecessary. Plenty of players play after the death of a loved one. Same with every person, they want the distraction.

6 Likes