Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United - Sunday 17th December 16:30

I looked it up and the record league attendance was 58,757 back in the 1940s. We’ll presumably beat that once the stand is completed. Apparently, the all time record was 61,905 in a cup game in 1952. I wouldn’t have fancied being in the middle of that.

3 Likes

I play in an orchestra, and our concert starts at the same time as the game… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You will be fiddling?

Might be blowing

Might be pounding

1 Like

There very little mention of the crowd. I think it is notable that the programme has more mention of the directors than the players or staff! Fascinating website, by the way.

United team news:

1 Like

I feel you man, I also play in an orchestra and our concert is always on Boxing day. So I definitely know how you feel.

Bunch of bloody fannies in here…

This is how you do a preview thread!!!

2 Likes

Some absolute gems in there.

I’m going to watch it. I never will miss a game

I would just prefer it wasn’t on.

I’m scared, daddy.

I hate that I’d be happy with a 4-0 loss.

The Nightmare Before Christmas [image]

Oh dear

Can we do a Wenger and poison their lasagne?

United absentees on Sunday according to Ten Hag:

Harry Maguire (adductor)
Bruno Fernandes (suspended)
Casemiro (thigh)
Lisandro Martinez (foot)
Mason Mount (leg)
Christian Eriksen (knee)
Tyrell Malacia (knee)
Anthony Martial (illness)
Jadon Sancho (discipline)
Amad Diallo (knee)

Shaw and Rashford are deemed fit.

This thread on Redcafe is pure gold.

Good news for us if he starts those two shithouses. Shaw is constantly bombing forward leaving their left exposed, and Rashford looks like he’d rather be anywhere but a football pitch whenever he plays this season.

These haven’t scored at Anfield since 2018. Let’s extend that record, yeah?

4 Likes

Pretty minor then.

Press conference done…Vinny the only 1 asking the questions :rofl:, as low key as it gets which in some way was refreshing to hear.

• Talks about the tough schedule again and needing Anfield.
  • Dives a little into squad depth, the bond between the new guys, and the impact the players off the bench have been making.
  • Happy with the process and development the team is making whilst acknowledging more is yet to come.
1 Like

Surely the fans will wake up for this game.

4 Likes

I just hope we don’t do the usual, i.e. make really bad teams look good. For these weaker teams a draw is like winning the cup!

For once it would be great to put these sorts of teams in their place and make it comfortable.

We want 8!

2 Likes

I just want 3 points.

7 Likes