Pre Match: Liverpool v Manchester United - Sunday 17th December 16:30

You could always identify as a triangle.

2 Likes

Ali’s not taking them lightly:

4 Likes

Not taking this lightly. We needed a few worldies in our last games to get over the like!!

Don’t need Carra acting cocky on Twitter either……

1 Like

I was speaking to a friend who has had a season ticket for over 50 years and he was saying that the atmosphere very rarely reaches the levels common in the 70s and 80s…some days he says it is painfully quiet…

Probably due to the people who have held season tickets for fifty years taking a nap, and the day trippers spending the whole match filming their “experience” on their bloody phones.

4 Likes

Nah…more likely that the socio economic make up of the crowd is different and yes the ages too. My days on the kop in the 60s and 70s were spent in a very young working class environment. Not been to Anfield for a long time but my hunch is that it is no longer the case…

1 Like

No offence to Alisson, but I’m not sure a goalkeeper on fire is going to have much effect on a game

Your friend is correct, it’s not the same these days. Quite often, you’ll see Klopp urging the crowd to get behind the team. He shouldn’t need to do that.

3 Likes

Ali shaking hands with Slabhead after the game.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

4 Likes

They’re certainly not burning with optimism’s flames, that’s for sure.

Still, I wouldn’t take this game lightly, even though we look stronger on paper.
I will be happy with 3 points, no matter well or how bad we play.:pray:

6 Likes

The place died when the Kop became all seats.

2 Likes

As poor as United are I’m not expecting us to blow them away, we have too many attacking minded players players out of form.

Nunez, Diaz and Jones have been way below their best recently and Gakpo & Gravenberch have been really poor when starting against good opposition, as has Elliot. Those 3 look much more comfortable from the bench when the oppo has tired.

Mac Allister missing is a blow, I don’t think there’s much doubt anymore that he does get in our best 11.

I reckon there’s a good chance of Trent starting this one in midfield with Gomez doing the overlapping role on the right.

It’s a good time to play United but it’s probably not the worst time to play us either. You still have to think we will win, but if we were close to our best we’d demolish these with ease.

5 Likes

Nunez is bound to score again……isn’t he?

1 Like

I agree with you, but they are fantastically fucked at the moment. I know it’s a potential banana skin and all that, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we absolutely smash them! I’m excited for it!

Have the feeling we will deliver a very good performance but doesn’t mean we will thrash them.

The 7-0 was on Sky this afternoon and totally forgot that it took us 43 minutes to score the first. They actually had to good chances to take the lead.

Still the biggest match in english football and I don’t care about their injuries and their form. Anything can happen in football.

9 Likes

will be interesting to see who shits the bed on this one

All ETH has to do is play them a tape of AF’s “knock them off their perch” speech.

They’ve just had their worst ever CL performance and have a chance to make immediate amends against their greatest rivals.

Very much doubt they’ll need motivation.

1 Like

I have never questioned their motivation. But to come into Anfield at 57000 fans a week before Christmas with the players they have available…

it’s going to be a crazy game… on my birthday

1 Like