Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

Yes but only if the player in question isn’t playing for United. If he is, they are super attentive ready to pounce on any contact. Even the phantom ones; and those that were initiated by said player. Doesn’t really matter to them. As long as United is getting its quota of fouls and penalties they can rest easy.

3 Likes

I love LFC for being honest. I don’t want it any other way. It makes me sick to see players fake, feign and cheat. And it’s indicative of society in general.
I hate it when someone on FB etc posts ‘feeling down’ or something like this. I hate even more the inevitable responses “what’ s the matter hun?” “sending you hugs and kisses”.
I want our players to stay on their feet to try and score, like Mané against Newcastle. I want most of all referees to do their job and penalise the player who fouls not the honest player.
Connor Coady against us for example was horrible to see.
I watch a bit of Spanish football very occasionally, holy hell, what a horrible footballing culture they have now. A player will lose the ball, go down feigning injury, realise he’s not getting a decision, play will not stop and still stay down. Why even though they know they’ve fooled no one they have to carry on the charade. They then force the game to be halted when the ball goes out of play. Makes me sick to the back teeth.
I would stop watching us if we ever started doing that.
I just don’t understand the mentality of showing/pretending to be hurt by an opponent. Unless obviously properly hurt by assaults.
When I played, 50% of the battle was the 1st tackle. Hard and fair but definitely hard. You looked in the other player’s eye. Yep he won’t come near me again. Even if it hurt me, he’s not seeing it.

8 Likes

So Ole the gnome, Gnasher, Boring Gary have all.put their colours out, but we (LFC) are keeping to tact and diplomacy, training and keep em waiting…yes the nerves have started, yes I’ll feel sick, but my main feeling is …will someone shut these f***ers up… Gawd I hate the Mancs.

8 Likes

Ali
Taa Matip Fab Robbo
Gini Thiago Hendo
Mo Bobby Mane

Ox and Shaq to come off the bench if the creativity is lacking.

I am nervous about this one.

If we draw and results go a certain way we will be in 4th. If we lose we could be in 5th with Citeh a point behind us with 2 game in hand.

If ever there was a game and a time to make a statement… lads - this is fucking it.

The United game at Anfield last year was pivotal (many fans then started to believe)

This year is much much more important.

This will go one of two ways depending on which Liverpool turn up.

We will either spank them 4-0 or it will be a WBA/Newcastle/Southampton type game where it’s nil nil and they get a dodgey pen… you just know it’s going to happen

3 Likes

Or just to be extreme

Ali
TAA Matip Fab Robbo
Hendo Thiago
Salah Shaq Mane
Bobby

3 Likes

Matip isn’t available though :sunglasses:

Matip has not been ruled out yet has he ?

1 Like

Not as far as I know. I’d still play him even if he isn’t 100%. This game is too important.

1 Like

That’s your first sub within 15 minutes sorted then.

2 Likes

Liverpool will carefully judge Joel Matip’s readiness for Sunday’s clash with Manchester United

Posted by the official homepage this morning.

5 Likes

At least it’ll still be nil-nil when he goes off.

2 Likes

How we could do with a packed Anfield today. I just hope we start fast and get a rhythm going.

4 Likes

The fucking problem with Matip if he doesn’t play is that the best replacement for him is Hendo. However when Hendo isn’t in the midfield we looking fucking wank.

If Matip is not available (and I thought I’d seen that he has trained) then I’d go Nat Phillips.

3 Likes

I think actually them being above us in the table will actually be in our favour. The media hype around United being too will get to them, they’ll
Think they have to be on the front foot and we’ll be 3 up in 20 mins

2 Likes

I got a sneaky feeling on 4-1

2 Likes

I really like this line out, Hendo nipping at Fernades’s heels, Thiago running the show in a Xabi Alonso-esque style, with Shaq splitting their defence and feeding the usual “front three”.

Bring it on!

3 Likes

Robbo and Fab having a block fest on Gnasher…
Who will then have a temper tantrum!

3 Likes

I hope we go in fast and furious and at full throttle.
A huge game, looking at the table, i hope we win this one. A draw gives Man City the edge.

Come on you Reds!!

5 Likes

If Matip can stand he should be playing. He can hop quicker than either Williams or Phillips can run. And having two of our best midfielders as the CBs in a game as important as this would be an embarrassment. There’s no risk involved because he’ll be injured again in a couple of weeks anyway. How did it come to this?

Utd are well set up to cause us problems. Defend deep, fast counter-attack. I still can’t believe they are top but they are riding the wave of momentum right now. We need Mane, Salah and Bobby to step up. Defensively we’ve done ok but offensively we’ve looked flat and have wasted the few chances we have created. They’ve played like three total strangers the last few games. This is the sort of game where we’ll find out whether it was worth blowing the summer budget on Thiago because it’s his inventiveness we’ll need to unlock them. Not gonna lie, I am shitting it but I’m relying on the lads to make me look like a big girl’s blouse later today.

10 Likes

If ever there was a time for the lads to get their shit together it is for this one.
Put the last ordinary games behind us and get out there and take the Mancs apart.
3-0 nil will suit!

6 Likes