Pre Match: Liverpool v. Norwich City, 1500 UTC, Saturday 19 February 2022 (Premier League)

Norwich is possibly the most/only lovable team in the relegation scramble. They were bottom of the table for a large part of the season and they are still odd-on favorite to go down. But they are giving a proper fight.

Klopp will continue to rotate the starting XI and there would 3-4 changes from that against Inter. Jota and Elliott are perhaps the obvious ones.

5 Likes

Referee: Mike Dean. Assistants: Mark Scholes, Richard West. Fourth official: Matt Donohue. VAR: John Brooks

3 Likes

Norwich team news by WhoScored:

• Joshua Sargent returned from illness to start in Norwich’s 4-0 defeat to Manchester City last weekend.
  • Ozan Kabak again missed out. He will be desperate to return to Anfield to face his former club but would likely only make the bench.
  • Lukas Rupp is still on the mend along with Andrew Omobamidele but both could miss out on Saturday.
  • Despite a 4-0 thrashing against City, Dean Smith isn’t expected to make many changes to face Liverpool.
1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

13 Likes

This being the fourth game in 9 days and the game against Leeds and the cup final next week, the main theme of the starting lineup will be rotation. We surely can afford it without having a strong impact on the result due to our squad depth. I think we will see at least 6 changes on Saturday compared to the San Siro lineup.

The full-backs looked quite tired to me at San Siro yesterday, so at least one of them is due a breather, if not both (replaced by Tsimikas and Gomez). Mind you, Trent played full 4 games in 10 days already (including the Cardiff match). Same goes for VVD. Although the latter seems to be able to play just every game, he is nevertheless a human being and Klopp should be cautious with him.

In midfield, we can expect Jones to start instead of Thiago (who will be needed more next week). Is the Ox injury thing real or just a joke? If it is real, it’s a shame because he was probably destined to start this one.

After injury scare, Jota will not be risked. Klopp may even consider resting Mo or/and Mane (after their AFCON exploits and two successive starts). But I am 100% certain that a certain Luis Diaz will start. It is time to remind the Canaries what damage a South-American Luis in a red shirt can do to them.

2 Likes

Unleash the Luis!

8 Likes

Norwich under Dean Smith are a different ‘beast’. They’ve earned some vital points and playing much better since he came in.

Being trashed 4-0 by City is no indication that we will also have it that easy.

Expecting nothing but a win of course but it could take time until we break them down.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if Jürgen would surprise everyone if he rests Alexander-Arnold, by playing Oxlade-Chamberlain at right back…

Certainly keeps our letter count up anyway.

Kelleher

Trent Matip Joe Kostas

Elliott Thiago Milly

Mo Div Luchi

Subs: anyone who won’t get blown over by gale force winds.

If we are going be rotating at the back the last thing I would do is remove Becker

3 Likes

But loveable shit

1 Like

I would go for
Alisson
Milly Matip Vvd Robbo
Elliott Hendo Keita
Mo Bobby Diaz
Subs
Trent, Kelleher, Kostas, Konate, Ox, Mane, Fab
Should be good enough.

Rest Trent, Fab and Mane this round.

Think it will be

Alisson

TAA
Matip
VVD
Tsimikas

Elliott
Henderson
Keita

Diaz
Mo
Mane

Is this game even going to happen?

Why wouldn’t it? Weather?

No strong wind here in Liverpool…yet.

Weirdly calm. Anyway tomorrow’s forecast is not bad.

1 Like

That’s it - these slight winds will be gone by the morning. These types of winds are nothing new - news seems to hype up these storms a lot these days. Used to regularly have 80mph gales where I grew up in the N.East.

Yep…where is this storm…not in south yorkshire…

1 Like

It’s pretty bad in Blackpool right now. But, we’ve seen worse (so far).

1 Like

But I think we’ve recently struggled to break teams down three times (Burnley, Leicester and Burnley) when we had bad conditions.

The conditions for tomorrow might be worse than it was in those three games.

1 Like