Pre Match: Liverpool v. Norwich City, 1500 UTC, Saturday 19 February 2022 (Premier League)

I’d play Gomez right back. He needs a run out.
Then Tsimikas left back, to give Robbo a breather.
Curtis Jones should be back in the action too.

I would probably start Diaz, but that’s up to Klopp as he manages Mane.

Main thing is apply ourselves, get the three points, then put our feet up and hope for a Son winner at Man City.

1 Like

England’s rose to dive and win a controversial match winning penalty late on. VAR nowhere to be seen. Pep meltdown.

1 Like

It is now…

Was asking this to myself when reading the news in the BBC that you’re about to get hit by one of the worst storms of these last decades. But the posts after yours have reassured me that the match will take place. Nevermind, stay prudent and safe, lads!

Regarding that match, I can’t see Norwich taking anything from Anfield these days, with or without Smith. But it could take a while to break them down, especially if there is some wind in and around Anfield. Gusty winds don’t generally favour our game.

Let’s see how it goes. Knowing Klopp, he’ll go with the strongest line-up available to him, as it should be! I’ll go with a good three - nil for us, and fingers crossed!

2 Likes

The biggest worry about going the game tomorrow…
Will probably be watching out for those flying corrugated sheets coming off the roof at Woodison…!

3 Likes

I can’t see Elliott starting this game. We will manage his minutes rather than start him 2 games in a row, with 3 days rest. I think Hendo (seems pissed off and angry for a game) and Fab start for sure, 3rd is a toss up between Keita and Thiago and I’m not sure who will be needed more, Keita more of a pass and go, or the longer passing of Thiago.

Elliott will play against Leeds, might come on this with Jota out.

3 Likes

3-0!

3 Likes

The last two against these was. :wink:

1 Like

Are we on tv tomorrow…or is it TIA and LFCTV

1 Like

Regardless of the weather, like others have said it could take a while for us to break them down. Can’t see their tactics being too different to Burnleys, less the blatant shithousery.

If it plays out like that, there will be plenty of knicker pissing in this thread during the game, myself included!

1 Like

Don’t want this game to be postponed, we have enough fixture congestions as it is.

This game is a potential banana-skin. On paper there’s nothing that would suggest that we shouldn’t breeze past them, but games aren’t played on paper and Norwich has shown more fight than their position suggests.

Come on Reds, raise hell. YNWA

3 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel,formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like

We’re not on Tv because it’s a 3.00PM kick off. :+1:

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

1 Like

Cheers…TIA and LFCTV it is then…

1 Like

The thing which sets today’s opponents apart negatively is that they’re the only side in the league I wouldn’t dread going down to ten men against us🤨

Sorry. I’m not normally in a bad mood (PCR test result pending today)

1 Like

It’s on Ziggo and probably on one of those beIN channels

The weather was poor here in Liverpool yesterday, strong winds (though not as strong as seen elsewhere) and raining heavily. Today it’s more just like a typical miserable British morning, just a hint of wind, rain and a grey sky.

Norwich will probably put up a good fight today but I’m predicting another 2 or 3-0 style win. Another ‘unimpressive’ performance from the reds, Teemu Pukki and Josh Sargaent to have a nice highlight package on MOTD later when they have some 1v1 chances saved by Alisson after being caught 3 yards offside.

1 Like

Been snowing quite hard for an hour in Southport. Wouldn’t like to be playing sport today. I remember days like this :pensive:

1 Like

Pouring down now, I don’t think there’s any need to water the pitch today.