Pre-match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest, Saturday 22nd April, 15:00

I am insulted.

I thought I’d stick to a winning formula.

Besides, I didn’t want to see @GermanRed and the other bedwetters getting their knickers in a twist.

1 Like

Referee: Michael Oliver. Assistants: Stuart Burt, Dan Cook. Fourth official: Anthony Taylor. VAR: Paul Tierney. Assistant VAR: Derek Eaton.

puke GIF

Taylor & Tierney, the dream team & that smug supposed “best of a bad bunch” in the middle.

2 Likes

I’m more concerned with Oliver who has been woeful these last two years, fourth official does nothing much and it’s Taylor who again isn’t the worst.

Might have to score 8 to win by 3 but that’s how I see it.

It gives Jürgen someone to shout at when the boys are ignoring him.

1 Like

Hmmm… an ‘easy’ game against one of the bottom three teams, on the back of a canter win… what could go wrong, eh?.. :wink:

Seriously, I think we’ll win this one. A lot of players are now available again, and that changes everything.

Klopp said that the team had never played as well as yesterday night during the season. This includes thus the 9-0 against Bournemouth and the 7-0 against the mancs. He also said that the counterpressing had clicked during the second half of the Arsenal game and the players had neatlessly carried this over into the Leeds game, making them look very bad. But according to Klopp, Leeds weren’t bad, it’s our lads which made them look bad.

If that is true (it surely is, who am I to doubt Kloppo’s words?), and the team stays at the same level as yesterday night, then there is no reason that we’ll not comprehensively win this one. Onwards and upwards! :+1:

4 Likes

It’s essential that the team plays well and wins. Curtis Jones is part of the team, nothing more. He can’t get 10 starts in a row just like that, in advance. He’s had solid to good performances now, we’ll see how long he can stay in the side in the remaining 8 games. In your midfield combination, it would be more Hendo at #6, not Thiago. But it was interesting to see Jones’ zone of operating, sometimes wider than Thiago would do it. Compared to Jota’s zone. But we need more games in this structure to see more clearly what we’re doing and how much it depends if we have different individuals from game to game. Went missing for some periods in the game. But I’m alright with Jones staying in the side this one. He also has the experience of 90 minutes against Forest the first time, double pivot alongside Fabinho.

1 Like

It’s difficult to drop someone from a team that has just won 6-1. But Fabinho, Henderson, and Jota looked rusty and, if fitness allows, I wouldn’t mind giving Thiago/Milner and Nunez/Firmino a start.

1 Like

Not sure about The Geordie officiating when we are hoping to steal a CL place from them

1 Like

You’re a hard man to please Ifti. Jota ‘looked rusty’ despite scoring two, assisting another, and playing a major role in a fourth?
Can’t wait to see what happens when he gets up to speed!

1 Like

Erling who?

1 Like

I’m allowed to be greedy, sometimes :grin:

1 Like

Europa still in sight!

So is the mighty Conference League. Cmon we can do it.

1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

8 Likes

where the fuck you been hiding?

2 Likes

What a surprise, welcome back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wondered where you were!

2 Likes

Does anyone know a place in Milan to watch Liverpool matches?