Pre-match: Liverpool v Nottingham Forest, Saturday 22nd April, 15:00

Overtake of the orphan line: check :white_check_mark:
We are finishing the season in style, irrelevant as it may be…

1 Like

That’s a blast from the past. :astonished:
Welcome back home, well new home. :clap:t4:

3 Likes

Is this the Mod reinforcements :0)

Buried under real life, alas. Life’s been up and down - more down than ups to be fair - the last few years, all came to a head last summer, and… decided to move back to Ireland. 90 days from now I’ll no longer be a US resident, daughter is enrolled in a school back home, wife is excited about getting out of the 55 hour a week rat race… just need to find a place to live now!

23 Likes

We work far too much for too little over here

And that’s the capitalist model for you.

The 1% get richer off the hard work of the masses, while tossing them a few crumbs to fool them into thinking that their struggles are worthwhile.

3 Likes

Best of luck with that one.
Its quite the challenge at the moment, finding somewhere that you like, can afford and don’t have speculator driving prices up.
Welcome home.

2 Likes

Welcome back @ubermick

I’ve missed seeing you swing your (ban)hammer :see_no_evil:

1 Like
10 Likes
5 Likes

Shows the levels these lads are at, it’s hard enough to do this just in English.

1 Like

They don’t even have a 1 minute break. It comes naturally to them. I hope the youngsters are taking note of this.

Did that all the time when I was young :innocent::joy:

Goalies just think you are showing off.

Easy win

Maybe 4-0, little bit of confidence in the team now, at home versus Forest.

Lets make it 5-0 instead

2 Likes

Forest have the worst away record in the league. No excuses.

1 Like

What, worse than ours?

We’ve only the tenth though the win on Monday did move us up from 14th.

1 Like

What Klopp mentioned there about how we cover Trent when we lose the ball (he mentioned it twice) is what I fear the most about our formation. He mentioned Robbo’s position being important in those situations, as its going to require the defence sliding across and the communication between Robbo and Virg needs to be on point where they will be marking at least 1, maybe 2 attackers between both of them. Robbo will almost need to play some moments as a CB.

But using that space behind Trent when we are effectively playing 3 at the back is definitely something the opposition will try to exploit the more we play this formation. Likely to be exploited more in our away games where teams will play to try and take something from the game.

I’ve seen some mention Fab dropping deep but in the transitional phase, where we are quickly back-peddling from a high defensive line after giving the ball away, Fab will be a mile away from being able to drop back into the backline, without even getting to the subject of his lack of pace. Unless we have a midfielder permanently stationed between Konate and Virg (which we don’t do atm) then that help from the middle won’t be available and we will be relying on the collective decision making between Konate, Virg and Robbo.

Trent in the middle won’t be a silver bullet, but it does look like Trent enjoys this change. Certainly looks to have a pep in his step. Which is a good thing.