Pre Match: Liverpool v. Southampton, 1500 UTC, Saturday 12 November 2022 (Premier League)

Yeah , he’s been gone too long.

(Friends of mine , big Motown fans , named their eldest likewise. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Because I’m a reds fan, my cousin decided to support us. Because my cousin is a reds fan, his nephew decided to support us (and get a YNWA tattoo), despite being born and growing up in the States.
Now this cousin’s nephew is going to Anfield this weekend. I hope we put on a great display for him.

6 Likes

And if we don’t, we all know who to put the blame on, on here! :wink:

He has done incredibly well with Luton, punching well above their weight financially. I think he wants to be open and attacking but is pragmatic enough to adapt when his squad is worth 3x less than the next cheapest squad in the league.

He’s been gone too long…sorry already been said.

Can we start whinning now?

Alisson, Trent, Konate, Virgil, Robertson, Elliott, Henderson, Thiago, Jones, Nunez, Salah.
3-1 victory.

1 Like

Let’s put this game to bed early on. Spurs game and Derby was too close for comfort.

No whining in the pre-match thread?

Oh FFS @mods do we really have to accept this uncalled for abuse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is it whining or expressing our anxieties…

I was already anxious about their new manager bounce and the no whining rule really triggers me

Only Fools And Horses Comedy GIF by britbox

1 Like

Last new manager we faced was Raneri for Watford hopefully a win that big May follow. Like the Leeds game that gift gave them a platform so we have to be on it from the start.

Pretty sure that was the belief for Forest and Leeds.

I’m sure there will be some new manager bounce. The boys will need to think they are playing against a top 6 side so they lift the intensity.

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Yeah of course, surprises happen and they always will. But the reasoning and focus over their new manager…

If Southampton beat us I doubt it will have much to do with their managerial change.

It may be because we’re not getting cheats as often as we were.

Over 2 years for Coote, 36 domestic games since Kavanagh ‘refereed’ us which is very odd imo.

Anything less than 3 points will be a major disappointment. My main worry is the lads going to the WC not having their eye on the ball.
Defence and attack pick themselves, I’d probably go for Hendo, Thiago and Harvey in midfield.

3 Likes

Yea this could be an issue. They’re are bound to thinking ahead to that now.

1 Like

I think the younger ones will be ok, but yeah could be VVD’s last, I’d have gone with Matip if he was fit but he isn’t.

You wouldn’t be able tell with Fabinho currently :wink:

Any player not giving 100% because of the World Cup should be told to go fuck themselves.
Guess who pays their wages.

2 Likes

I don’t expect another Forest or Leeds type game here, we’ll be in better shape.

If nothing else we should be a big threat from set pieces, Southampton must be one of the shortest teams in the league. I’d expect Van Dijk, Konate and Nunez to cause chaos at corners.

Ben Doak on the bench please Jurgen.

3-0 Liverpool.

2 Likes