Pre-match: Liverpool v Southampton, Saturday 8th May, 20:15

Well, someone had to take the plunge.

Let’s spank those sorry Saints and solidify sixth spot.

That’s about all the sibilance I can manage for now.

4-1 to the Tricky Reds: two for Mo, a Fabinho piledriver and Div to come off the bench to head home late on. A JWP free kick for them, adding another £5m to the fee we will pay them this summer when all our main targets reject us as we have no Champions League to offer next season.

10 Likes

I prefer this one. Can’t stand @Iftikhar

5 Likes

Well done @cynicaloldgit. Someone had to take the plunge :clap:

We owe these one lets smash 'em

2 Likes

I love you too :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter which of you opened the thread - always doomed.

1 Like

I’ve never opened a match thread before; here’s to beginner’s luck! :beers:

2 Likes

4-0 (my go to prediction) only that will bring a smile to my face (well clean sheet and anything equal and over 4 would but getting it right would give me extra bounce).

3 Likes

Alisson
Trent Nat Kabak Robertson
Fabinho
Milner Thiago
Salah Firmino Mane

2 Likes

Is Jota injured?

FFS!

Referee Kevin Friend. Assistants:Simon Beck, Adrian Holmes. Fourth official: Andy Madley. VAR: Andre Marriner. Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

1 Like

We have some 'bumps and bruises‘ according to Klopp in his presser. Didn’t say any names.

What do our players keep bumping into?

Each other, hence the compounded injuries :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Southampton team news from WhoScored:

• Danny Ings will likely miss out against his former employers and may not feature again this season.
  • Jannik Vestergaard is free to play after Southampton successfully overturned his red card from last week’s draw with Leicester.
  • Takumi Minamino will have to watch from the sidelines as he is unable to face parent club Liverpool.
  • Jack Stephens will be required at left-back once again if Ryan Bertrand is sidelined for the away side.
1 Like

Of course we have bumps and bruises. We haven’t played a competitive fixture in almost two weeks. If we had, it would have been broken legs and snapped ligaments.

This season blows.

4 Likes

we owe these a fucking good hiding for what happened at their place, they assaulted our lads all night and that cunt Marriner (who’ll be on VAR) stood around and watched as well as denying us 2 nailed on pens.
Twat them, give Milner the chance to put that cunt Walcott in Broadgreen hospital for that outrageous tackle he suffered and give that tosspot manager of theirs something to whine about.
The cunts.

5 Likes

We’ve had a good rest so I’m expecting goals galore, a proper hiding something like the Palace one.

2 Likes

JUST FUCKING WIN - 1-0 will do

4 Likes

Without Ings and Minamino they look a bit light up front.
Fabinho can look after JWP

3-0

A nice performance would be nice, but just get the points please!

We have nothing to play for apart from a last push for top four. Since others are stumbling our own poor form hasn’t completely ruled us out yet. Hopefully we muster something, not just for this one but the next few.

Finish top four, breathe a sigh of relief… and then pretend this season never happened.

5 Likes