Pre-match: Liverpool v Southampton, Saturday 8th May, 20:15

Noway, I just couldn’t do that, Klopp and the players deserve better even if us fans don’t. We have been through something that should leave a mark, it’s been tough and to forget just sems to dishonor our struggle. I know many seem to have ‘given up’ however they’ll be back. LFC is worth it after all.

3 Likes

We’ll score on about 15 mins (Salah) and will spend the rest of the half missing sitters. After half time we’ll lose momentum and allow Southampton to get back into the game. They will score the inevitable equaliser between 85th and 90th minute. No one will be surprised.

2 Likes

Well, we may as well give it a go to see if we can still get top 4. A mate of mine (MC fan) pointed out that if we do get top 4 we would probably be relying on City to beat Chelski in the CL final so that we don’t lose the place. God, I could cry.

Anyway, Southampton. Do they have anyone worth buying?

Sorry, but your mate is talking shite. For fourth place to lose out both the CL and the Europa would need to be won by teams outside the top four. That’s not going to happen with the Europa League.

4 Likes

If Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL, do they not get the 4th place allocation?

1 Like

No. Top 4 plus Chelsea would qualify. I think.
We’re not getting top 4 so it’s irrelevant.

1 Like

That minamino looks decent every so often.

2 Likes

This will be 1-1. Another slog in which we will score first and Soton will level from 80th minute.

Since they beat us saints have been dire but that doesn’t matter for us this season especially at home.

Ahhh fair enough so, I thought after the “Liverpool rule” in 2005, each country was limited to a maximum of 4 berths in the CL going forward. Don’t recall when they changed this.

I would be hopeful for this one in any other season but this year :see_no_evil:

I think I have come to terms with our abysmal form and rationalise it really simply now.

The problem we have is that our goal scorers (apart from Mo Salah) have been awful but our quality in reserve is just as bad. No one makes an impact off the bench or challenges for a starting place. We have lost games due to the defence being ropey since VVD got injured but we have lost far more through a lack of finishing quality.

If we can fix that pre season then we will be fine next year…

3 Likes

Barring a Ward-Prowse free kick, I can’t see them scoring against us. 3-1 to the Redmen.

We’ll win all our remaining matches and finish fourth on 69 points. Hope in my heart.

4 Likes

Well he is a Manchester City fan of long standing. I used to go to Anfield with his brother occasionally and he never knew why he supported City. My brother is an Evertonian so I expect there is one awkward git in every family.

3 Likes

The European qualification for next year is described in bewildering detail here:

At the moment we are 7th so it’s all rather hypothetical.

Fucking hell… all the scores are going our way.

Please don’t bottle it lads

7 Likes

A win today puts us very much in contention. A loss would be painful and terminal for this season.

4 Likes

Just hope Sky sort their streaming out for tonight. Currently watching Dortmund vs Leipzig and the stream cuts every 10 minutes or so. Missed two goals as well.

Firmino will be shit, but will play the full 90.
Mane will look disinterested.
Gini will have checked out already.
Robbo or Trent will have a stinker.
Jota will be on the bench.
Milner will captain from the bench.
Jurgen will make some type of strange sub.
Mo will take over the golden boot race before being subbed. Harry Kane will have a press conference complaining that all of Mo’s goals were offsides.

3 Likes

Just to let you guys know, I have closed my eyes, covered my ears and am yelling 4-0, 4-0 …

3 Likes

Fixed that for you :wink:

2 Likes