Pre-match: Liverpool v Southampton, Saturday 8th May, 20:15

Matt and Rhys at CB. My hypothesis that we are better with a 2nd choice CB rather than playing Fabinho out of position is about to be put to the test.

1 Like

The original “sicknote” was Darren Anderton, who made a total of 514 appearances for club and country over an 18 year professional career, averaging 28.56 games per season.

In comparison, Naby has made 233 total appearances over nine seasons so far, averaging 25.88.

So it’s official: Keïta is more of a sicknote than Sicknote himself.

3 Likes

Disagree. I think it was quite clear that the manager didn’t trust Phillips enough to be the “leader” of the defence until recently. We always see more experienced replacements in cases of injury…

So while it may be true that we would do well with two relatively experienced defenders as opposed to Fabinho being out of position, it could also be that we needed the experience he provides.

1 Like

Ah thats a bit harsh.
If the Club wanted him to stay they would have offered the contract. Let him leave with a bit of grace

2 Likes

What’s Daniel Sturridge‘s injury record like compared to Nabys ??

1 Like

If yiy just look at his time here he has missed the equivalent of of one full and a quarter season of Premier league games out of 3 seasons.

Just f*****king talk to each other…Trenty and Robbo try and help out…Fab just run the mid…gawd this is stressy!

Chelsea winning kind of makes this game pointless.

And as if we’re going to win all our remaining games anyway having to play Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips in defence.

Keita out injured!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: he ain’t even played!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Rhys and Nat as CBS is 100% our weakest pairing.

Hope the strikers have their shooting boots on

He’s been overdoing it in training.

2 Likes

Leicester look like the team to possibly catch. Win our two games in hand and we are three points behind them, and they have Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham in the final three.

The issue is whether we can win a few games on the spin. Haven’t done it all season. Need to show something and it is doable. Just.

But the games are running out. A win today please and let’s see.

2 Likes

Good evening everybody… Hopefully we will see Kloppo still laughing after the game

2 Likes

We’ve got to look at this as a five game season now. Nothing to hold back for, just all guns blazing, all out shock and awe attack.

Most likely I will miss the game since the designated channel is showing kick-boxing. :expressionless:

1 Like

With Nat and Rhys as centre backs any score is possible today.

Williams and Phillips together, doesn’t inspire confidence and the bench looks a bit strange. How the fuck is the ‘mysterious’ Ben Davies injured? As for Keita, I’d laugh if he didn’t make me so angry. The money pissed down the drain on that waster.

2 Likes

Eh! I don’t think they are likely to score but who knows? :wink:

I think we bought a hollowgram.

2 Likes

There’s no Ben Davies, FFS, that’s Edwards’s troll account.

2 Likes