Pre Match: Liverpool v. Watford, 1230 BST (UTC +1), Saturday 02 April 2022 (Premier League)

Attempt to injure…is that where we are drawing the line now…jeez

1 Like

Did you say today?
More like in the last decade!
A real work of art…

Always is. You’ll always hear a variation of the completely unhelpful and completely irrelevant “he was going for the ball” in these situations from people who have no idea what theyre talking about.

A bit of a boring half, most of it. We are in control , mostly. The tempo is very disappointing low, up to Liverpool to set the speed. On the other hand, I am fairly confident we will win this by 1-2 goals. A bit drab, offensively we make so many mistakes, but we do enough and eventually we create a few chances resulting in goals. I don’t mind this, but it’s a bit boring at times.

However, we are lucky that we are playing Watford now after the international break and not a Top 6 team I 'd say, although you never know if we would have truly stepped up against better opponents.

Also, like others say, got to highlight Thiago. He has been in a class of his own.

1 Like

Thiago is the king of the midfield today. A whole different class to all the midfielders playing in this match today. You might as well call it the Thiago masterclass on how to boss a midfield.

2 Likes

Thiago’s passing and Bobby’s ability to win the ball back have been the highlight so far.

6 Likes

Thiago has done what he does well. Still a couple of loose balls but yeah if you put Fabinho beside him with Hendo we look good for midfield in the citeh game.

1 Like

One up at HT at home against a Hodgson team is just what you want.

Watford won’t change the way they play, so we just need game management. Then introduce Mane/Diaz around 65-70 mins, and grab the second goal towards the end of the game.

All about the result.

Lovely play between Gomez and Jota for the goal. Jota should either have passed to Henderson on the other big chance, or shot between Foster’s legs. Joe had no need for that yellow just before HT. Thiago has made good interceptions especially with Fab not in the starting eleven.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree entirely, but across our starting XI the boys are at varying levels of crispness coming back from the break.

Thiago, Bobby, Virg, Joel, Jota the standouts for me. Outstanding.

Henderson, for me, hasn’t been very good in any facet of his game and should focus on his own game instead of yelling at his mates all match. (As an aside, I’m sure someone will construe that as a ‘moan’. :see_no_evil:)

I also think we are having a hard time getting Mo properly involved.

The Anfield crowd isn’t helping. Really disappointing atmosphere.

1 Like

Will Klopp replace Joe because of the booking.

Jota trying to force it and not doing very well just pops up to score. Klopp is a magician I’m convinced of it.

Thiago playing extremely well imo. So much so that I feel we should have loads more goals.

Com’on ‘enfonce le clou!’

1 Like

I am entertained. It is enough, it is just that this is a typical post-int break game where we lack rhythm. We lack rhythm, which again lower the tempo and allows for a lot of mistimed stuff.

But I’ll take another 1-0 half like that :wink:

Every journo who has ever uttered that should be subject to a re-enactment of the same tackle on their person. And after they are lying in a heap on the ground someone should read them the ACTUAL rule (which is well before “attempting to injure”)

One of Salah’s quietest 45 minutes in a while.

1 Like

That does seem to be how ex players judge those situations…but what do they know :roll_eyes:

Macca on BT said exactly that…nothing in it.

I would have been annoyed mind you if our player hadn’t challenged for that ball.

2 Likes

Joe been watching Trent a bit too much.

Gorgeous ball in from Joe.

3 Likes

Why is Jones not featuring for the U23s and Harvey in the XI?

Jones does a better Twitter game. Lesson for harvey

Joe’s been practicing his crosses! Good on ya lad!

3 Likes