Pre Match: Liverpool v. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1600 UTC+1, Sunday 19 May 2024

Have to agree its been a tough two months, great memories notwithstanding.

Simply lost my taste for football.

Thank goodness for Xabi Alonso and Leverkusen.

But I’m quietly optimistic about Slot. I just get this sense from him of someone capable of taking the baton and getting to levels Klopp could not…

2 Likes

At the very least, all real Liverpool fans should appreciate that Slot has the confidence to step into the job immediately after a club legend and after having seen the evidence that the Premier League is not a level playing field.

4 Likes

I think there’s basically no chance he has paid close enough attention to the Premier League before now to be aware of any such thing.

He’s a Premier League guy, to be fair.

Yep this. Maybe it’s the IB background but while I’ll always grateful to Jurgen ending our 30 year drought, now it’s time to say goodbye and I’m ready to move on. KLOPP OUT!

2 Likes

You and me both and we can absolutely agree on that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He appears to me to be someone who will have scant regard for all that…

you guys will probably argue of the shape of your tears or something else completely interesting to the rest of the forum

True they rapidly get to zero!

1 Like

Missus asked me if I’ll be sad on Sunday.
Maybe a little, if Rory doesn’t win the PGA.
That’s looking likely now, but I’m now rooting for Bob McIntyre.

I’ll not be watching a second of anything to do with the Premier League today, it’s broken me.
There’ll be enough snippets on the news over the next 48 hours to last a lifetime

id urge you to watch…

if you push aside the sickly media sycophants looking to cash in on what is a pretty rare event ( a manager who transforms a club and leaves off his own bat) theres a unique human who really cares, and has traditional footballing values who has done a massive wedge of hard work for this great club…he might not know whether you watch or not…but he’d probably care that you did…

thats him in a nutshell…he actual cares…

do him the honour…HE deserves it.

9 Likes

And now, the end is near.
And so I face the final curtain

So today has come up much faster than I imagined.

I’ve got the beer in, and a bottle of Rotkäppchen sekt for full time.

Ultimately, the match doesn’t matter. I’m just going to enjoy the era for the last time.

I’m not crying, you’re crying!

3 Likes

I’ll be watching, with a slightly heavy heart.

I don’t know if it makes sense to anyone else, but it’s not just Jürgen’s final game, and the end of the Klopp era, but also the bookmark that marks the end of an era personally, a chance to reflect on the many changes in life during his reign, major family events (good and bad), the whole COVID shit show, moving and living in different countries, ups and downs, etc.

At times, at least for me, it genuinely seemed like the one constant in life was Klopp and his fantastic team.

To paraphrase Dani from Ted Lasso: football is life, football is also death. And football is football too. But mostly football is life.

Danke, Jürgen :heart:

7 Likes

Pour it down the sink and get something decent for goodness sake!

This day is going to be hard enough without adding to the misery.

1 Like

It makes perfect sense, and it’s something I reckon most of us have done recently, look back over the course of the last 9 years personally. In the pre-interview footage with Redmen TV, Klopp asked each of them what they were doing and where they were 9 years ago.

Once pre-season gets underway, and there’re a few signings through the door, Slot with his introduction to the media, we might start to feel a little better.

It’s fitting that Klopp’s last game is against Wolves at home. We’ve played them twice where we’ve taken the title to the final day, but Abu Dhabi triumphed each day, but this time, it’ll be a celebration of one of our greatest managers. It’s also nice it’s against Gary O’Neill, a former LFC employee under Klopp.

1 Like

I wasn’t going to pass it up at 2,49€ a bottle! It might be Trabant coolent but it beat a bottle of Moët & Chandon on a taste test. (Allegedly, according to Radio Bremen).

Anyway, Erdigner Weißbier during the match.

2 Likes

On this morning of mornings, I don’t want to add to the wonderful things that everyone will say about the boss… instead I give you what he brought to Liverpool…. Futebol Estatísticas on Instagram: "Roberto Firmino e sua elegância nos passes! #football #soccer #fy #foryou"

2 Likes

Radio Bremen still taking bribes then :wink:

Just hope that Cynical doesn’t hear about it.

I’ll be watching in Tante Käthe Pub in Prenzlauer Berg. Expect it to be full.

2 Likes

Whether I watch or not, doesn’t detract from the gratitude and admiration I have for him.
But, I have no interest in watching anything unfold today, Skys coverage of the whole day will be truly nauseating, which will only make my feelings of disappointment worse.
I’ll see clips in the coming days, that’ll do for me.

sorry about the crappy link…

2 Likes