Pre Match: Liverpool v. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1600 UTC+1, Sunday 19 May 2024

I’m used to snowflakes telling me to do that.

Water off a duck’s back.

3 Likes

miserable scrooge

1 Like

Yep. And?

1 Like

Get Out No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like

I’ll be in tears…I bet cynical will be

3 Likes

Sad Happy Hour GIF

@cynicaloldgit tomorrow after acting the tough guy all week

3 Likes

Nah. I never waste wine.

2 Likes

Deep down he’s a softie

3 Likes

This brings back an fond, maybe sad in many ways, memory. 1st year at Dundee University, getting ready to go out on a Friday night to the Union and Destils night club after, only £12.50 left in the kitty… So went to the local, bougth a bottle of Bulgarian “wine” for £1.50, necked it in about 20-30 min and was ready for beers there after…

Dundee in the early 90s was less than, well, anything, it was just less but still had some pretty interesting and fun times!

1 Like

Kwik Save used to do a 75p bottle of wine and my colleagues bought me a case of it for my birthday one year. :joy:

3 Likes

There was a chain in those days call Shop Right… you can imagine the vernacular it could easily be altered to but they had a loaf of bread for 3p and a can of beans for 1p… was such a life saver on so may occasions!

1 Like

Wasn’t aware Kwik Save was around before the war.

Anyhow no manager post war has won their last league game. Cant check the date for George Kay.

1 Like

Kay’s last game as Liverpool manager was a 1-0 defeat at Charlton on 27th January 1951 in the old First Division.

1 Like

You know what to do, just don’t come to Anfield…

3 Likes

FIFY.

3 Likes

Well, I trusted @Alright_Now_Legend knew what “you know what to do” meant, and then just added the Anfield bit to ensure he spares me his presence…
But thanks for making it crystal clear, better safe than sorry…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Au contraire. Serious people don’t love anything, let alone anyone.

2 Likes

Cheers … I’ll look further back then.

Though on the plus side we played on this date 6 times and won 6 so something has to give.

Looks like it was Dan Ashworth in 1923, though Matt McQueen seems to have resigned the same day we won a game so he might have also have won his last.

We seemed to have built the Cenetary stand on where his house was so :joy:

1 Like

The sad thing is that 99% of the people on this forum will not have heard of either of them.

I don’t expect anyone to know every player and every manager who has represented this club. The point is that Liverpool Football Club existed for over a century before Jürgen Klopp got here and will continue to survive after he leaves.

PS: It was David Ashworth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes